Light fast vs Heavy slower bullets

Heavy and fast is fun till you start flinching or blowing your ears out. It does not replace shot placement. I will tell you a word for word conversation by the original high velocity cartridge designer. I don't care about all of this talk of heavy vs light, What caliber to use or any other ******** that we are talkin about here, VELOCITY KILLS" By the way his favorite caliber was .257 and he killed everything from the littlest to Cape Buffalo with it. I truly is about shot placement and a proper bullet at the end of the day

Heavy and fast is fun till you start flinching or blowing your ears out. It does not replace shot placement. I will tell you a word for word conversation by the original high velocity cartridge designer. I don't care about all of this talk of heavy vs light, What caliber to use or any other ******** that we are talkin about here, VELOCITY KILLS" By the way his favorite caliber was .257 and he killed everything from the littlest to Cape Buffalo with it. I truly is about shot placement and a proper bullet at the end of the day

Well said. I do love my 257 Roy. I agree I have to constantly inform people on the proper bullet selection topic.

So I posted in a different section but think I didn't say it right so here goes.
what are your thoughts on non lead, long light high velocity vs lead heavy weights.
Here is my example. 6x45 caliber. I currently shoot the heavy 95 gr bullets around 2500fps. (still building loads but this works well).
Now after doing some looking CEB makes a 55 gr raptor that will work with my twist rate that is about the same length as the 95gr I shoot. This is a bolt gun so I'm not limited to mag length like an ar.
So what are your thoughts, would a lighter faster bullet with this design work as well on deer as the 95. My range will be limited to the right conditions and probably not over 300 yards. When comparing there 338 bullets that are also lighter for the same length they claim more energy because of the speed. I believe I could push these at around 3200fps.

Thanks for your time
Drop a baseball on your bare foot. Hurts a lot. Drop a bowling ball on the other foot and you are probably going to need a doctor. SEMPER FI .... SARGESNIPER

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.