Leupold's B&C and Varmint recticles

Thanks, I'm sure I could not go wrong with either the B&C or VH, I started leaning towards the VH because it's closer to the fine duplex I have on another rifle (and I find my reg duplex to be distracting at times).

I have a VX-III 4.5-14x with VH reticle on a Savage Striker 243 WSSM, and love it. I just match the trajectory to the reticle stadia measurements (subtensions), then check at the range, make changes to the ballistic program to match what the true trajectory is, then recalculate the trajectory reticle reference in 25 or 50 yd. increments...only. It all goes on a sticker and into the Butler Creek scope cap cover. I use VLD bullets out of this rig and have found my windage calcs out at about 1/2 the stadia subtensions. I've always liked tree reticles since they prvode for the most accurate system of reticle reference in the field. The VH/Zeiss Rapid Z's/Rapid Reticles/Horus Visions are the best factory ballistic reticles out there IMO.

Warning! This thread is more than 15 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.