Leupold VX6 anyone really put them through the paces?

As far as click value being accurate, return to zero, etc. I have a 3x18 on a long range hunting rifle, but also have slightly heavier NF scopes.

I agree with @excaliber. With your MOS and actual real-world experience, you're perfect to do the test.

Semper Fi and thanks for your service to our great nation. Both my sons are currently serving (USAF and USMC). I retired from USAF in 2007 and it is now their turn to continue the military tradition. I never expected them too but I am glad they did it on their own. 😇

Cheers!

Ed

I have two VX6 HD's 3-18x50. Both have been hunted with a good bit but most importantly both passed 100% on the Tall Target Test with excellent tracking and return to zero. I just acquired another but have not tested it yet. Mixed reviews out there but so far I'm 2 for 2

I have a VX6 HD 3-18 on a Havak 6.5 PRC that I've had for a little over a year. In my limited tested it has performed fine. The glass is nice but to me the optical performance isn't great die to the short design. The weight is nice for hunting but I'll likely replace with a more robust optic in the near future. Having said that mechanically it has performed well.

I put my 3rd VX6 HD 3-18x50 to a tall target test and it passed perfectly and this scope was bought used. That's 3 for 3 of these scopes that so far are spot on for tracking. I also enjoy the internal level which line up perfectly with plum lines.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.