Anyone looked through the March 1-10X

JeffVN

I am building a dedicated subsonic short range hunting rifle (less than 600 yards). I am looking at a March 1-10X scope, because of its 200 MOA of elevation (need close to 150 of it to get to 600 yards). I will likely use it at max magnification the majority of the time. My fallback is a nightrforce 2.5-10X, even though it does not have the needed elevation internally. looking at having a 35 MOA rail built if I go that route.

My concern is that March scopes tend to get very dark when near the maximum magniification. I have and use a March Tactical 6x60 and rarely use it over 40X or so for that reason. Has anyone looked through one to confirm my suspicion?

JeffVN

I am building a dedicated subsonic short range hunting rifle (less than 600 yards). I am looking at a March 1-10X scope, because of its 200 MOA of elevation (need close to 150 of it to get to 600 yards). I will likely use it at max magnification the majority of the time. My fallback is a nightrforce 2.5-10X, even though it does not have the needed elevation internally. looking at having a 35 MOA rail built if I go that route.

My concern is that March scopes tend to get very dark when near the maximum magniification. I have and use a March Tactical 6x60 and rarely use it over 40X or so for that reason. Has anyone looked through one to confirm my suspicion?

JeffVN

I don't have any personal experience with the March scopes, but 90% of scopes get dark or distorted once you get about ~30x. You should not see a darkening of the viewable picture @ 10x on any decent scope! I would go for it, if that is the only issue you have with this, and you like the other scope except for @ high magnification.

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.