Leupold Vs Vortex Viper

Thanks Everyone. I hate to say this but I went in a totally different direction. A friend of Mine showed me his Burris Veracity 2-10. Didnt even know about this scope. I really liked it. Did some research on here and found positive comments about it and my Buddy loves his. As a Hunter Safety instructor get a discount off MSRP. I ordered a 4-20X50. Should get it 1st on March. Thanks for all the info.

Congrats! I have the same scope you ordered on my .270 AI and like your friend I too love it and has performed extremely well for me.

http://www.longrangehunting.com/for...riflescope-w-ballistic-e1-ffp-reticle-130833/

1116141048_zps31535348.jpg

I hope you're still enjoying it after 2 years since your purchase. Happy safe hunting/shooting.

I have replaced the same Leo that you have but in 50mm twice with PST's. The first time on my 300 RUM, so I put the Leo VXIII on my 25-06 and just got the new PST Gen II in 5-25x50 yesterday to replace it again... Poor thing feels neglected I'm sure,,, so going to put it on my Colt AR, should be safe there. I even had Leupold put turrets on it, but still didn't measure up. Really like the new features of the Gen II, hopefully get to test it out in a couple days.

I have replaced the same Leo that you have but in 50mm twice with PST's. The first time on my 300 RUM, so I put the Leo VXIII on my 25-06 and just got the new PST Gen II in 5-25x50 yesterday to replace it again... Poor thing feels neglected I'm sure,,, so going to put it on my Colt AR, should be safe there. I even had Leupold put turrets on it, but still didn't measure up. Really like the new features of the Gen II, hopefully get to test it out in a couple days.

Please report back on how the PST Gen II operates, tracks, etc. I have the Gen I PST, the only thing I am not happy about it is the illumination dial, I am a lefty and if I am not paying attention I will bust my knuckle on the dial. I have several other Rifles I am thinking about upgrading the optics with the Gen II.

Please report back on how the PST Gen II operates, tracks, etc. I have the Gen I PST, the only thing I am not happy about it is the illumination dial, I am a lefty and if I am not paying attention I will bust my knuckle on the dial. I have several other Rifles I am thinking about upgrading the optics with the Gen II.

I got around to mounting my PTS Gen II and got it sighted in, really like it a lot. Only catch is I accidentally ordered the FFP instead of second, bought it from Cabelas with 10% off coupon and called before it shipped. They would exchange but not honor coupon since it had expired, soooo, I kept it.... Not sure I dig the expanding reticle, but time will tell. Kinda been thinking about giving one a go anyway.

The Illumination dial is in a better spot, so shouldn't be an issue for lefties. It is in combination with parallax dial on the left side. Overall good upgrades from the Gen I. Bigger diameter turrets seem to be easier to adjust and just feel better (look better imo too). Thicker magnification dial as well, so I don't feel the need for the throw switch as I did on the Gen I. Glass is excellent and had no issue with doing square 10 moa repeatability test, dead nuts back to zero. Field of view seems bigger than gen I, but that may be an illusion due to the FFP reticle.

I would buy another without hesitation if the need presents itself...

Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.