Leupold VariX II

I have an older Leupold VariX II 3-9 x 40mm scope. I want to have a 1/4 click turret mounted for windage. I would like a target turret for elevation. Are these turrets from the custom shop resettable after zeroing the rifle? Any other recommendations would be appreciated. I am only worried about shooting to 600 yards, so only need 50 clicks. How many clicks per revolution on the 1" scopes? Thanks for the help guys! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Welcome to the board! I'm by no means trying to sound like a smart "A", but I believe that the best thing you can do is call or email their custom shop. I'm sure they will know much more about their own optics than any of most of the posters here. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

Leupold has in the past offerered a "tactical" VXII with target "click" turrets for elevation and windage. Unless they have done away with things I'd guess they can retro-fit your VXII to target turrets. The turrets on the tactical VXII I had could be reset to zero like a standard VXIII target turret.

Yes they can add 1/4 MOA knobs to the varix II's.
Yes you can zero the position of the knob (but not the revolution)
Each full revolution will = 15 MOA or (15x4=60 clicks)
Between myself and friends we have had more than a dozen of the "II's and III's" changed over to knobs.

BTSlayer where are you from?

What Birdshooter said. They can add them and they do click and return to zero after sighting in. I have found on semi flat shooting calibers, that out to 800 yards, you dont need any special rings or bases. I have talked most of my elk camp into sending there leupolds in to get there "clicks" on vx 2, 3-9, and vx3, 3.5-10.

Warning! This thread is more than 18 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.