Leupold RX rangefinders

goodgrouper

These rangefinders came along just in the nick of time. I was just getting ready to shell out the dough for the Swaro rangefinder (of which I am not totally impressed with but need the longer distance capability) when I recieved word that Leupold was making a new rangefinder. THe upper grade one goes to 1500 yards, has a compass, thermometer, inclinometer, declanation correction, rain mode, and corrects for angle shots in MOA or new distance readings. In short, it will be a long range shooting data computer that is waterproof!

CHeck it out,
www.leupold.com/products/rx.htm?ec=rx_2005

Yes, but will it be competitive with the Swaro ? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif I really like the idea of the inclinometer , the other features are not that interesting as they are better obtained otherwise . Thing is , how reliable shockproof etc will it be ? At any rate I'm very glad to see it come out as this will raise the bar for the other mfgs .

I'm still waiting on a Leica Duovid 10to 15 x with a laser AND /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif a angle figurer /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

Jim

Availability of the rangefinders should be in 60 days or so.
The RX-I and RX-II will be available first with the III and IV coming later.

All those features are impressive but until it will compete with the Swarovski as far as long range ranging consistancy I will hold off.

To be honest, spending $160 on a ACI would do just as much for you wouldn't it. No batteries needed either. A bit of math is though.

I hope they do compete ranging wise with the Swar. More competition is always better for us the consumer get better products.

Time will tell. I do agree that the Swarovski could use a redesigned aiming system for a more precision hold when ranging. Other then that there is nothing I would change on the unit.

Kirby Allen(50)

Kirby,
I agree completely. In fact, I told Leupold yesterday, that their product as far as the LR crowd was concerned would be compared against the Swarvoski. Right now it is the product to either match or better.
If Leupold can give Swarvoski a run for their money it will be interesting to see what comes down the road in the future /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Guys,

This information came straight from Leupold.
MSRP for the RX-III is $499.99 and RX-IV is $599.99.
Leupold is planning on having all units out by April.

Regards,

JD338

JD338,
Thank's for the info, I have really been thinking about the Swaro but if the leupold will be out that soon it is worth the wait to compare.
I have used the Swarovski and it is awesome, so it will be interesting to see if the Leupy is in the same league or if all the new bell's and whistles are for real or just fluff.
UB

From what I have seen, the Swarovskis and the Lecias will kick these things rear every way from Sunday. Just my experience with a couple units of the Newcon RFs.

Kirby Allen(50)

Warning! This thread is more than 19 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.