leupold or swarovski rangefinder

B Jordan

i was wondering if anyone has tried the new leupold ? how important would the inclimeter be? or is the swaro the way to go.i already have a leica 1200 but am wanting to upgrade

I haven't tried one of the new Leupies yet, but I'm going to go out on a limb and say if you are looking to upgrade from the Leica, the Swaro is the only way to go. I hope I'm wrong, but I think the Leupies will just be a Bushnell w/a few more bells and whistles.

Go with the Swaro, It is awesome. I agree with the Bill regarding the Leupold. Good luck, Wildcat.

[ QUOTE ]
I hope I'm wrong, but I think the Leupies will just be a Bushnell w/a few more bells and whistles.

[/ QUOTE ]

Bill,
I had the same thoughts about the Leupold/Bushnell cooperation and called Leupy about it. They said, "they are absolutely two different units with no shared parts".

Then I called my rep here and he told me the same thing. I also asked if it would range farther than what it is rated like the Swaro will and he said it would go over 1500 but not farther than the Swaro. However, this was the RX4 which is still in prototype form and is being tweeked a little more before it is released later this summer.

On the flip side, I also called my Swaro rep who is a good friend of mine and asked what was on the drawing board for the Swaro ranger this year. He said no major changes, but they were asking people what would make it better and a smaller aiming circle was a resounding anwer they got from around the globe.

Just thought you'd like to know. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

[ QUOTE ]
how important would the inclimeter be?

[/ QUOTE ]

It all depends how far and how steep you might shoot. If you are planning on going above 25 degrees and further than 400 yards, you will be glad you have it. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Warning! This thread is more than 19 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.