Leupold BX-4 vs Zen Ray Prime HD

Ted: Why are you so convinced that the pair is defective and not just that the model isn't great?

The more I thought about it the more I realized that at 2X the retail price and a 2 tier step up binocular pair of Leupolds, the BX-4's I received just couldn't be worse, it had to be a defect. I was going to get an exchange, but decided to do more research. To be honest, the non-locking, eyepiece diopter control of the original was a big let down, so the updated ergonomic changes in the 119282's will be more the style I'm use to.

With Midway's 60-day return policy, you really have nothing to loose if you don't like em....(except return shipping).

Ted

The more I thought about it the more I realized that at 2X the retail price and a 2 tier step up binocular pair of Leupolds, the BX-4's I received just couldn't be worse, it had to be a defect. I was going to get an exchange, but decided to do more research. To be honest, the non-locking, eyepiece diopter control of the original was a big let down, so the updated ergonomic changes in the 119282's will be more the style I'm use to.

With Midway's 60-day return policy, you really have nothing to loose if you don't like em....(except return shipping).

Ted

While the return policy is excellent, for an amateur like me with no real experience with glass, I'm not sure I can tell the difference so I depend on experts like yourself to guide me towards products to purchase. This is my first set of binoculars. I couldn't possibly tell you the difference between a good pair and a bad pair unless i had them both side by side. And I surely couldn't tell if they were defective pair or just a bad model.

I got to say though for $300-$400 if these were good glass I'd be all over them. I just can't be confident that they are.

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts