Zen Ray optics?

Discussion in 'Long Range Scopes and Other Optics' started by mgdhunter, Oct 1, 2013.

1. mgdhunter

mgdhunter Active Member

Has anyone used Zen Ray optics, and if so what are your thoughts? How do they compare to the high end optics? Just wondering, and hearing quite a bit about them.

MGDlightbulb

2. ZSteinle

ZSteinle Well-Known Member

I have the ed3 binos and they are incredible for the price. Clear and bright! The same as Swaro binos...no but for nearly 2000 dollars less they are great! Hunted hard with them for 3 years now and I have zero complaints

3. mgdhunter

mgdhunter Active Member

That is good to hear. I am looking for a new pair and am not one that can fork over the premium price. Anyone else out there?

4. jrsolocam

jrsolocam Well-Known Member

Have a pair of ED2 8x43, pretty darn good for the price. Much better than my older Nikon Monarchs and various Steiners. I Bought a Zeiss Victory HT and difference to my eyes wasn't as much as you would expect. Zeiss is better overall but not by a large margin. My only complaint is the Obj lens covers keep falling off...

5. ZSteinle

ZSteinle Well-Known Member

Nothin a couple drops of super glue cant fix

6. jpd676

jpd676 Well-Known Member

I have a pair of ED 2, 8X binos. I am very pleased with them and they are clear and bright. Way better than I thought, even given their reputation. I have a pair of Zeiss Conquest 10X30's and the Zen Ray is better.

Last edited: Oct 3, 2013