Len, Dave or Ian...

Brent

I'm a little confussed over something on the "Active Topics" pages:

The way they have always "appeared" to be listed is, in order with the topic with the most recent post time appearing at the top of the first page, post at the top of the second page was posted earlier than the one at the bottom of the first page and the bottom post on the second page being the earliest post listed in the last 24 hrs.

If that makes sense. What I see though doesn't quite follow that, but rather the top of the second page lists topics with some of the most recent posts, more recent than the ones on the bottom of the first page.

The one at the top of the second page was in fact "the" most recent post today when I just posted it, tis what caught my attention.

Hmmm???

Appears there was another glitch after posting this topic: It returned to the active topics page, (CORRECTION - it returned me to the General Discussion Forum, but this is out of order with Len's "I'm in a cranky mood..." post above this one???)but there was now 26 pages of active topics listed??? Some on the very first page were from as far back as 1-23-05 as well?? I hit the refresh button and now there was just the normal 2 pages for the 24 hr. period... (must have clicked on the active topics button, not the refresh button...)

Len's topic "I'm in a cranky mood....", which I replied to not long ago, and refered to in the post above is still listed on the second page in the active topics, now even further down, yet the post above is listed on the top of the first page, where I'd of expected to see it show up.

Somethin whacky goin on.

I took screen shots of all this and can email in case you you'd like a look.

Another thing I noticed: Between 10:25 and now, I've been emailed notifications to a few topics but, about three times from each post though. The last two have just been one notification each, so that issue may have disappeared as fast as it appeared?

Brent

I just now saw that there are 53 active topics. These are listed at 25 per page. The two full pages seemed initially to be in chronological order but the 3rd page and it's orphans were not correct chronologically (being newer that those listed at the bottom of the second full page).

How do you see the full pages as compared to the last page and it's (if any) orphans???

Well, this is quite a while after you posted here, so the gremlins probably mixed things around a bit different. 59 posts now.

At the bottom of page 3 there are posts from 2-28-05, so far so good... maybe.

Top of page three are posts from 3-01-05 1:07 PM. That's bad though, heres why;

Bottom of page 2 are also posts from 2-28-05... something wrong there.

Top of page two is 3-01-05 6:10 PM.

Bottom of page one is 3-01-05 5:19 AM.

Top of page one is 3-01-05 6:05 PM.

Indeed we still have some orphans. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif

Page one is in order.

On page two there are 22 post (all but the bottom three) between 5:56 AM and 6:15 PM on 3-01-05 that should be above the bottom post on page 1 at 5:19 AM 3-01-05.

On page three there are five posts at the top between 7:23 AM and 1:07 PM 3-01-05 that should be above the bottom post on page 1 at 5:19 AM 3-01-05.

The two sections of misplaced posts on page 2 and 3 that should be on page 1 would be mixed in together if placed in order on page one. In other words, the misplaced group on page two would not fit ahead or behind the misplaced group on page two.

I haven't a clue, but it's sure shuffled up good.

After just posting to the thread of Len's just now, and seeing that topic go to near the top of page two on the active topics list, it would appear this program that runs everything seems to now and again just switch to a page it "thinks" is nuero uno.

brent--i noticed this awhile ago--seems each page is in its own chrono order /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif

not sure how topics get placed on which page?

JB

Warning! This thread is more than 20 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.