Leica Geovid Rangefinder Binocular???

Discussion in 'Long Range Scopes and Other Optics' started by Davo, Jan 29, 2003.

1. Davo

Davo Member

Can anyone give me some feedback on this unit as to clarity, usability, and of course how good the rangefinder is on it?

I have test the Leica 1200 Rangefinder and it's great.

A lot of money for this toy, I want to make sure it's worth it. I can't get a demo anywhere in Canada so I need your help!

[​IMG] [​IMG]

2. Ian M

Ian M Well-Known Member

I have used that unit on hunts and found it to be very heavy and bulky, and old technology since we could only do one reading or "shot" at a time and had to wait for the unit to cancel itself before doing another ranging.
    Optics are typical Leica, very good, but the newer 1200 will probably come very close to matching the ranging performance, has excellent optics for a small monocular unit and is much cheaper. I believe there are some guys here who own the Geovids, they will probably give better info as I only used one for a week or so.

If you want top performance Len just got the latest Leica laser, it is much superior to the Geovids.

3. Guest

Guest Guest

I have had mine now for about 5 years and really like them. It's true they are a little heavy, but when using the right harness for carrying them they aren't all that bad.
    I have packed them for 4-5 hours at a time and no problems. Optics are just nothing but great!
    The ranging system is also excellent and I am still using the same battery when I purchased them. The battery is suppose to last for 1000 measurements.
    I liked the optics so well that 2 years ago I bought the Leica 10x50 BA and these are just super also.

Have not regreted buying either pair.

[ 01-30-2003: Message edited by: Coyote Hunter ]