Leica Customer Service....

Likewise, cheers!

As Rhian noted above, if your warranty coverage has "NOT" expired and the service you are being charged is part of the warranty, then by all means you have every right to do what your doing if they are not honoring the warranty as promised ... that's all we're saying. :)

Found this on Optics Planet site too >>> Leica Passport Warranty - Leica Lifetime Sport Optics Passport Protection Plan

Yes, I am very pleased with my Leica rangefinder and has served me very well thus far. And if and when I need repair(s) beyond its warranty coverage, I'd me more than happy to pay my share to bring it back to spec if that is the route I choose at the time ... more than likely, I'll replace it with something newer ... I don't expect it to last a lifetime (esp. the electronic parts) but if it does great !!!

Good luck!

Feenix,

I totally understand where you're coming from but like I said earlier, "To each his own."

I also totally understand also that my Leica's were NOT still under warranty and that they have no obligation to fix them for free......but Swarovski does!
Let's face, it with brand loyalty aside, whether you buy a top of the line Leica, Swaro, or Zeiss, the quality is just insane. So with that aside, if Swarovski has better customer service, well thats who I am going with.

Again, just my 2 Cents!

Take Care My Friend!

Feenix,

I totally understand where you're coming from but like I said earlier, "To each his own."

I also totally understand also that my Leica's were NOT still under warranty and that they have no obligation to fix them for free......but Swarovski does!
Let's face, it with brand loyalty aside, whether you buy a top of the line Leica, Swaro, or Zeiss, the quality is just insane. So with that aside, if Swarovski has better customer service, well thats who I am going with.

Again, just my 2 Cents!

Take Care My Friend!

Believe me I understand where you're coming from. Unless I misunderstand it, there's a warranty difference with Leica EU and Leica USA ... go figure.

BTW, I don't have brand loyalty ... as I like variety. Variety is spice of life. :cool:

I'd love to have some Swarovski optics somebody, for now all I have in my household is my wife's Swarovski crystal collection. :D

Cheers!

I was strongly considering one of their discontinued models that's on sale a Europotics right now. .... not any more

I'm not sure that would be a wise purchase. After reading the response customers have received, if you have a problem with the "discontinued" optics, they will tell you that they won't repair them because they are "discontinued".

Again Fellas, I am just posting to let you all know about MY EXPERIENCE with Leica Customer Service.

As you can see by reading Feenix's reply here and by his post on the 1600 Rangefinder, he has a different opinion on Leica. That's what makes the world go round...buy whatever floats your boat!

Again Fellas, I am just posting to let you all know about MY EXPERIENCE with Leica Customer Service.

As you can see by reading Feenix's reply here and by his post on the 1600 Rangefinder, he has a different opinion on Leica. That's what makes the world go round...buy whatever floats your boat!

I guess you missed my brand loyalty comment.

You pay for service one way or the other, nobody is loosing money either way! If they have a limited parts and workmanship warranty only then you'll pay for servicing it after the sale or warranty and you should not expect other wise.

If you get unlimited warranty you paid for it in your initial purchase buy paying a way higher margin to cover any possible repairs or replacement. Either way you pay!

I've received the service I've expected for the most part but then I read my warranty, ask questions prior to purchase and have expectations based on what the company will do not what I think I deserve!!

Not trying to beat a dead horse but I will just one more time!

I asked that my Geovids be returned to me ASAP as well as for a Tracking Number....that was last week! I called them again today and my Geovids are still there. I am told that they will ship today so we'll see.

I was starting to think that they are just breaking my balls, but I seriously think that this is how they run things at Leica.

Just letting you all know how this is playing out...

Well its been about 60 days they said 90 since I sent my 10x42 HD Geovids in for repairs.
Got them back opened the box and there is a brand new pair, different serial no and they range out to 1300 meters easy,never could get the old ones to go that far.
Happy camper .
Thanks Leica

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.