Leica Service??

mackgee

I have a Leica ER 3.5-14x42 and have never used it since mounting it on my rifle. I got the rifle out today in preparation for its first trip to the range and upon looking through it I saw that there were three small nicks on the inside of the front lens. Now I really didn't look through it at first when I got the scope so I didn't notice the nicks until now. It also had an issue with the focus lens, I have 20/15 vision an I had to turn the focus lens half way to the right in order to get it focused. Usually I am right in the center with all my other scopes and binos I have. I sent the scope back to Leica USA this afternoon for repair. Which brings me to my question, has anyone had any experiences with Leica service? Will they make it right for me? Thanks in advance!

Mac

I had trouble with my 1600 range finder. Customer service was great. They replaced it very quick and I was back to hunting within 2 weeks. Dan

i ber that Leica is like Leupold and Stevens and (most)all other players and will replace or repair it to as good as new. I know Leica Cameras are excellent.

I had to send back my 8x42 Ultravid HD binos. They tried to charge me a 100 bucks because they said I had not sent in the warrenty card. I had the seller send them a fax with my receipt and it supposedly is all fine. I really don't have the confidence I once had because the left tube got really blurry and was secreating some fluid. I only had them a yr and took very good care of them. I wish I would have stuck with Swarovski. I sent them back a pair that was 18 yrs old and they refabbed them for NO CHARGE. Only reason I sold them I wanted a bigger objective lens. Let us know how it works out.

I sent in an older Leica 800 rangefinder for repairs. They said the parts were no longer manufactured and offered to upgrade me to the 1600 CRF for $450. Looks like a good deal. Will probably take them up on it here fairly soon.

If you bought it used, they will not honor a warranty. Same with Zeiss. I found out the hard way. Cost me $600 to repair a spotting scope.

Thats a bunch of BULL with the warranty. The price that you pay for the items should have something to do with the repair of them and the companies standing behind them. It shouldn't matter if it was bought and sold three times as long as it was not neglected it should be warrantied. I'm all done with Leica I'll go Swarvo I know that they will warranty their products with no questions.

Ill tell some history of Lieca's service, I had the older model crf 1200 and I dropped it on the ceramic tyle floor it wouldt read no more. I called and told em what hapened, they said send it in. 2 weeks later I got a brand new new model 1200 FREE of charge.
I bud of mine had a new model cfr 1200 and it wasnt reading well past like 500yds, he sent it in and got a NEW 1600 MODEL FREE of gharge!!!! LUCKY SOB!! Anyway there first rate in my book!:D:D:D:D

Update- I just got an invoice in the mail for them recieving it, and the total cost of the repair is free! They are sending it to Germany right now to get the repair started. They estimate the timeframe to be within 30 days to complete the repair. I'm pretty happy this far with everything. I'll let you know how it goes when I get the scope back.

Mac

Update- I just got an invoice in the mail for them recieving it, and the total cost of the repair is free! They are sending it to Germany right now to get the repair started. They estimate the timeframe to be within 30 days to complete the repair. I'm pretty happy this far with everything. I'll let you know how it goes when I get the scope back.

Mac
:D:D:D:D:D:D told ya

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts