leica crf-1000 vs leupold rx1000i w/dna

Robster80

which would u guys choose? the leica doesnt have the ARC. im confused as to whether or not i really need that. my friend loves his leupold and suggests the leupold to me. mostly will be used for bowhunting in the east and some rifle hunting, farthest shot i could take is probably 600-700 yards. the leica i found slightly used for around 300. the leupold is around 350 new. any suggestions would b appreciated. thanks guys

I think most would prefer the Leica, although Leupold is the brand of choice just because of the name But Leica seem to have the bigger following.

I have never owned a Leica 1000 CRF, but I have owned CRF1200's, 1600's and the earlier models in 900 and 1200. They have always preformed as advertised, and never a problem with them.

I feel the Leupold RF's probably have the worst track record of not working up to advertised distanced as any Rf you can buy.

This is a no contest to me. I would buy the Leica hands down.

Jeff

I do not own the exact models you mention but have owned both the Leica and the Leupold in different ranges. I have the Crf 1600 and I think the Rx 600? Not sure which iof the Rx models because it was not up to par and not in the Leica ballpark. The Leica is superior product in every way. It is like comparing a Cadillac to a bicycle. No comparison.

thanks guys. ordered the leica crf-1000-R. was offered at a deal i couldnt pass up. can wait to try it out

I feel the Leupold RF's probably have the worst track record of not working up to advertised distanced as any Rf you can buy.

This is a no contest to me. I would buy the Leica hands down.

Jeff

Thats what I was referring to, I use a differant brand RF But I have not read many good reports on the Leupold Items and at leased the Leica are one of the top three brands, So I would pick the Leica if it was my money

john

+1 for the Leica! I've never had my 1200 fail me and it'll range just out past 1200 yards. When I can afford it I will get the 1600 with out a doubt! Best range finder in my opinion for your buck.

glad to hear. cant wait to get my 1000-R in. ita my first rangefinder and i think will be perfect for hunting east here in MS. just couldnt do the leupold. read too many good things about the leicas

I have never used Leica's stuff,

But you are going to be the owner of a fine piece of kit and you will sleep better at night knowing that,

good luck

john

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.