leica crf 1000 r or leupold rx1000i dna

huntnm2001

Looking to buy a new rangefinder. My choice is pretty much between these two. I would love to get a 1600 b but I do too much bow hunting and it just won't work. I can get the leupold for about half the price as the leica but if the leica is a the clear choice I don't mind the cost. My current range capabilities are probably not out to 1000 yards yet but that may change. So, what do you think?

Sold my new Leica 1600 and bought the leupy 1000i tbr. The 1600 was worthless to me as an archery rangefinder. The new Leica 1000r is a better unit than the leupy but it's $500+ vs $350. Seeing how your on a rifle forum the 1000r is better for rifle hunting in my opinion. Bow hunting they're a wash.

Sold my new Leica 1600 and bought the leupy 1000i tbr. The 1600 was worthless to me as an archery rangefinder. The new Leica 1000r is a better unit than the leupy but it's $500+ vs $350. Seeing how your on a rifle forum the 1000r is better for rifle hunting in my opinion. Bow hunting they're a wash.

What was wrong with the Leica 1600 for archery??? My Leica 1600 ranges trees all the way from 10 yards to 2000 yards in proper weather conditions. Does your bow need more range than that?

To the OP..... WapitiBob must be smoking something that has made him crazy :) Just messing with you WapitiBob!

But seriously, anyone who knows anything knows that the Leica unit is so far superior to the leupold that they shouldn't even be spoken about in the same thread, let alone compared because there is no comparison. Sure the Leica costs more, but you get WAY more. More compact, way faster ranging speeds, farther ranging capability on all types of targets (reflective and non-reflective, easy to see readout in low light, simple operation, and Leica HD glass! The glass is so good that with the 7x magnification, you don't really need to carry a set of binos while archery hunting.

1600 didn't have angle comp. 1600B doesn't have angle comp under 100 yards, and that angle is a modified solution rather than cosine only, which is the method to use for archery. I need cosine only angle comp, neither of the 1600's provided that.

The Leica 1000R on the other hand, has angle comp 10-600 and uses cosine only, but, has a 2 second delay.

The Leupy also uses cosine only for bow mode angle comp, output in .1 yards, but bow mode only goes to 125 yards.

1600 didn't have angle comp. 1600B doesn't have angle comp under 100 yards, and that angle is a modified solution rather than cosine only, which is the method to use for archery. I need cosine only angle comp, neither of the 1600's provided that.

The Leica 1000R on the other hand, has angle comp 10-600 and uses cosine only, but, has a 2 second delay.

The Leupy also uses cosine only for bow mode angle comp, output in .1 yards, but bow mode only goes to 125 yards.

I see. That's where I believe practice is key. I don't even pay attention to the angle readings.

I personally believe in lots of practice instead of relying on technology to tell me that I need to aim for 5 yards less on an incline.

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.