Leica CRF 1000 R LED display problem

RobStar

I just purchased a Leica 1000 R to use for rifle and archery.

Right out of the box the LED display inside is not level, as in if I hold the unit itself level, the LED is sloping a few degrees down to the left maybe 2-4 degs.

The dealer, EuroOptic sent me another one without question and even said he would check it before shipping. The second one has the same issue maybe a hair less.

Everything else is perfectly functional and maybe I'm just being picky but it's not like you have to work to see the tilt in it. At this price point it ought to be level I'd think.

Anyone here with one of these or anyone ever hear of this issue?

Thanks!

Robert

I just purchased a Leica 1000 R to use for rifle and archery.

Right out of the box the LED display inside is not level, as in if I hold the unit itself level, the LED is sloping a few degrees down to the left maybe 2-4 degs.

The dealer, EuroOptic sent me another one without question and even said he would check it before shipping. The second one has the same issue maybe a hair less.

Everything else is perfectly functional and maybe I'm just being picky but it's not like you have to work to see the tilt in it. At this price point it ought to be level I'd think.

Anyone here with one of these or anyone ever hear of this issue?

Thanks!

Robert

Hi Robert, I have the same RF and the LED is level in the display. No issues with it. I can relate to the frustration - you pay that much and the QC should ensure that type of thing doesn't show up. I've done a lot of ranging and it's very consistent to about 1100 yards.

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.