Leica 1600b question

bkondeff

So the "adjusted" range calculation on these is based off "normal conditions". I'm not expert at this, but for example my drop charts are based on 50deg and 5000' elevation, standard barometric pressure.

Does anyone know what Leica uses for their "normal conditions"?

At 700 yards today at 0-1 degree angle I had a 30 yard adjustment at 80deg temp and barometric pressure of 27.2. This was using their flattest curve, which only allows for 14.3" drop at 400 and 30.8" at 500 yards based on 200 yard zero. I have a problem in that my gun's trajectory(16" at 400 and 35" at 500) is in between this curve and the next one that allows 17.3" and 38.2" at the same distances. This is using high bc bergers, so I figure I'll be safer at the longer ranges with the narrower curve.

There is no way, that I know of, that fudging the curves in the Leica will be made to match your rifle and give you the confidence you will be comfortable with. For my use I ignore everything the Leica says except for Range, Temp, angle and Barometric pressure. These thing get plugged into Shooter and I hit stuff.

What sucks is that I don't shoot far enought that elev and temp make that big of a factor, I simply wish I could get the angle adjusted range, period.

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts