Leica 1600-B Repair help

TimeOnTarget

Hey Guys,

I sent my Leica crf1600 in for service as i couldnt get a range past 800yds or so on a reflective target anymore. I used to range to 1700 no problem with an occasional 2000+ in there.

I sent the unit in. After a few weeks I called and checked to see what the plan of action was. After about 10 tries to get through to someone, and un able to leave a message because the repair dept voice mail was full, I finally spoke to a super nice guy named Jim. He told me that my unit couldn't be repaired and I would be getting a new 1600-b back. I was ecstatic about that.

Well the new Range finder showed up a couple weeks back, I tried it out right away and something seemed not right, but i thought maybe it was just conditions at the time.

Over the last week I've tried the range finder out in many different conditions and the furthest I've yet to get a range was 426 on a stop sign. This new unit is worse than the one i sent in!

Very frustrated to say the least! I have a $100 bushnell range finder that is out ranging my leica right now...

Anyone have a good contact at leica they'd be willing to share with me?

That's a bummer! I have the 1600 and still going strong thus far.

Hope you have it ironed out soon. Good luck!

Ed

Thanks Ed,

I'll be contacting Leica tomorrow. Hopefully I can speak to someone as it was an absolute bear getting to speak with someone on the 1st range finder.

Good luck. Interested in your solution. I use a Leica 1600-B too.

I got a hold of leica and they said to send it back in, they couldn't or wouldn't tell me if I had been sent a refurbished one or not.

It arrived at their facility today for round 2.

I'll be sure to update.

My leica customer service experience has been poor compared to my Swaro experiences so far.

Morning, contact Ironsight Inc.
They r in Tulsa Okla.
I have had very good svcs. with these people. Is family operated.
ask about Leica repair
cost of repair was $150
918-445-2001
918-521-7736
lightbulbgun)

Morning, contact Ironsight Inc.
They r in Tulsa Okla.
I have had very good svcs. with these people. Is family operated.
ask about Leica repair
cost of repair was $150
918-445-2001
918-521-7736
lightbulbgun)

Thanks for the info JC. It's at leica now so we will see if they can make it right.

Between this and your new Nightforce I would say your luck is on par with mine!:D

Good luck with the rangefinder, I'm sure you will be fine with the riflescope.

Morning, Feenix, I did not say this business repairs range finders. I said contact

them. why do u critize people for trying to help other members. do u think

ur better or more knowledgeable than other members?? I do not know how u got

ur status, u need a attitude tune up. I do not appreciate ur idiotic sarcasism, roll

over in the morning and look at the other side of ur face!!! maybe donations

give u the status.lightbulb

Morning, Feenix, I did not say this business repairs range finders. I said contact

them. why do u critize people for trying to help other members. do u think

ur better or more knowledgeable than other members?? I do not know how u got

ur status, u need a attitude tune up. I do not appreciate ur idiotic sarcasism, roll

over in the morning and look at the other side of ur face!!! maybe donations

give u the status.lightbulb

Whoa JC! I don't know Feenix but certainly didnt take his comment as an attack on you. He simply stated he wasn't aware that the place you speak of fixed range finders. I almost took it as him thanking you for bring it to light.......

Sounds like you guys have some history.....

Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.