Leica 1600-B Question

Sickness

Ok, I know there has been a lot of conversation back and forth on the Leica 1600-B rangefinder, but for whatever reason I can't find the EXACT answer I'm looking for. When I called Leica 2 months ago I spoke to a representative there that promised me the rangefinder would give the compensated angle out to the 1600 yard mark. When I asked her about the 875 yard top out that I had heard about, she told me that was specifically for holdover measurement only and that I could get the EHR farther out. So I finally get the rangefinder and find out that none of my hand loads match any of the curves. I can't get the rangefinder to give me just the EHR at anything I range. So I called Leica today and was told by Mark that I have to use one of the curves no matter what and that the 875 yard mark is the farthest value that I can get the compensated angle for. Anything over that is just LOS. He gave me a number of their field supervisor and told me to call him and ask him to confirm. I'm a little miffed as to why I got 2 completely different answers from the same company. So I will ask the questions here.....Can I get the compensated angle (EHR) without using one of their ballistic curves and will it give me the EHR past 875 yards? This is going to determine whether I sell it and go buy the G7. Thanks for the help!!

You have to use one of the ballistic curves to activate the EHR function. The EHR is the same no matter which curve you pick. Yep only works out to 875 yards but will give you a degree of slope all the way out by activating the secondary button.

I don't use any of the curves but want to see the EHR.

Thanks for answering that for me. As long as it will give me the angle of slope past the 875 yards then I can at least input that into my phone and it will spit out the corrected adjustment. Makes me feel a little better. Still drives me nuts that it's a 1600 yard rangefinder but will only give you compensation for roughly half of that. Oh well...thanks again!

Thanks for answering that for me. As long as it will give me the angle of slope past the 875 yards then I can at least input that into my phone and it will spit out the corrected adjustment. Makes me feel a little better. Still drives me nuts that it's a 1600 yard rangefinder but will only give you compensation for roughly half of that. Oh well...thanks again!

I agree with your frustrastions "sickness" especially since I will be doing your calculations and angle compensation when we kill Coues deer this year!!:D:Dgun)gun)gun)gun)gun)gun)

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.