• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

Left handed women...Geez. looking for rifle

Women's necks are typically longer, hence the need for a different stock. I bought my wife a Savage Lady Hunter in 6.5 Creedmoor. The stocks were made for women. The rifle has since been discontinued. You might google to find one.
Also they generally have a more slender face, hence the need for a higher cheek rest. When talking to Mcmillan stocks, they recommended their A3 at least, possibly one with a higher or adjustable cheek rest to accomodate. The EH-1 with the lowest mount possible for a 52mm scope bell fits my 5'4" wife perfectly. So ya, either adjustable cheek rest or high cheek rest will make it more comfortable for her.

Tikka T3 Hunter JRTXA382L 6.5 CM
415003554.jpg

Then get this ITC Rifle Cheek Pad/Cheek Riser/CheekRest Marksmanship/Leather and Suede. This is what I use....hard enough to find a lefty in what you want. Tikka shoots well and it can be bedded and tuned easily enough if you like. I love wood stocks for their looks and you can hide the bedding and other work. This pad is by far the most solid comb pad I have found to raise the comb and still look decent. It comes in other leathers also...go right to ITC for the best deal.
41U-bSYp+gL._AC_.jpg

This is what I topped it with. You could float for the rifle and comb pad and have your gal float for the scope...:rolleyes: Bushnell Tac Optics 4.5-30x50 Mil Dot BT4305.
Tac_Optics_LRS_Riflescopes_4.5-30x50_BT4305_Angle_Front__86831.1550682658.jpg

Just a thought... but a very nice setup if she's in it for the long term with you....
Tens:cool:

Last edited:
Always been that way....supply and demand. Limited by many manufacturers and gunbuilders reticence to have to pay to tool up for a greatly limited demand i.e. paucity of lefthanded shooters compared to about 80% of millions of shooters being right handed shooters. And if one is foolish enough to trade a lefty in on another rifle, many feed you that old line about I can't give you as much for it cause it's going to sit on the shelf for a long time... which is BS cause they generally go pretty fast. Leftys pretty much check out anything on the shelf that is left handed because there is so few....was generally worse 20-30-40 years ago. There has gotten to be quite a few more lefty options over the years...
Tens:cool:

All good info there..long necks, higher cheekbones, I just want to know why they cost more to play with...:)
Lol...I work 13 hour nights....I must have been half asleep and I missed the inference...all the long necks and higher cheekbones in my life cost me a helluva lot more than any weaponry that I own....
Tens:rolleyes:

Lol...I work 13 hour nights....I must have been half asleep and I missed the inference...all the long necks and higher cheekbones in my life cost me a helluva lot more than any weaponry that I own....
Tens:rolleyes:

Don't feel like the Lone Ranger!

My wife is left eye dominant and shoots a Browning Xbolt in 6.5 cm. Its a great rifle for the money. I had it cut to fit her and nothing else and it shoots 1/2 minute

I have both a Sako and a Tikka in LH models. Honestly, I think I prefer to shoot a right hand gun left handed. I can cycle it just as fast and it gives me a clear view into the chamber without moving the rifle.

Just to throw another idea out there, Bergara makes the hmr in a lefty 6.5 creed. Should get you where you want to be without any custom work.

tagging in I'm wanting to get my daughter a lefty when she graduates from college this year. For a long time I had her shoot a Remington 7400 the last year she has been shooting a 25/06 Rem 700 RH. Its time the girl had her own left hand gun!