• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

SOLD/EXPIRED left handed rifle

Pahunter

Im looking for a left handed or ambidextrous longe range gun. I would be using it for whitetails in Pa

hey thanks for the links. No thanks on the savage, Im looking for a long range gun.

ps, i guess weatherby stopped making lefthanded guns. there arent any on the site. I was looking at the remington 700 vs in .308, have any experience with remingtons?

Weatherby discontinued them this year (left-hand Accumark and Fibermark), but it is still easy to find 2003 or older models.

The Remington VS is a great rifle for the money. From what I've seen, they are easily capable of half inch groups, and the .308 will get you out as far as you need to go.

what caliber? i dont know much about them. how would they work for long range?

I have a left handed winchester model 70 7wsm, but i want a long range gun, im looking at a remington 700 vs LH in .308, looks like a good gun but I havent heard much about them

Tikka whitetail hunter comes in caliburs from .223 right up to .338 win mag.,in a left hand bolt action. They are made in the same factory where they make Sako.

what's wrong with your 7mm wsm? decent long range caliber.Maybe I'll buy a Remington .308vs, and trade to you. I have one good gun.

my 7mm wsm is great, and ill use it as my mountain rifle, but after 300 yards or so the accuracy deteriorates quickly, and I dont wanna change anything on it. So Im thinkin keep that as a mountain gun and buy another gun for long range, like a savage 12 or a the remington 700 vs

Somehow I just don't see the logic of choosing a .308win over a 7WSM for longrange work.
rolleyes.gif

Maybe its me.
wink.gif
VH

The 7mm wsm is a mountain gun, i shot it at 400 and 500 yards and the groups arent so great. I want to get a gun designed for long range shooting. If i had my choice id take the 7mmwsm over the .308, but factory guns are few and far between

Both the Savages and the Rems that you mentioned are available in cartridges that are better suited than the .308win.
Not that the .308 is bad but I'd much rather have a 300win, 300WSM, 7STW, or whatever if I was buying a new rifle for shooting biggame at extended range. The larger cases are much more capable of getting the heavy/hi-BC bullets up to a reasonable speed.

Either way, Good shootin'

VH

Recent Posts