Lee Anniversary reloading kit

Bubb

When it comes to reloading is this kit to good to be true for 65.00? Does anyone have any experience with lee produts? I'm only going to be reloading in 2 cals and thought this might be a good way to get into reloading? Or is the RCBS master reloading kit worth 259.00 and the way to go?
confused.gif

I have used the lee reloader for many years. It works well. A friend of mine has a RCBS and it seems to be stronger. Don't know how much better it is.

I have some Lee stuff. A decapping die, auto Primer, both good tools. But, when you start talking presses and what not, I would go with RCBS 100% of the time..sakofan..JMO
wink.gif

I have an RCBS press and a Lee. The RCBS I keep at work for case forming jobs and the Lee I use for all my real loading work. I have a Redding scale and a Lee scale. Don't use either one, I use a digital.

My Lee powder measure is at least 500% more accurate than my Redding BR measure, guess which one I use.

My RCBS hand primer has put marks on my primers since the day it was new because the ram was off center pretty bad. I bought a Lee, then got another so I wouldn't have to change shellholders. Now I have the RCBS in the closet, and spent about twice as much for it as I did for the 2 Lee tools.

I actually like the Lee dipper set, though they are no where near as nice as a powder throw. They are actaully quite close and for informal shooting, they work well.

Lee dies are infinitely nicer than Redding or RCBS. They are actually round, and straight, and make ammo that isn't essentric.

The Lee Zip Trim is the only trimmer that works to a dead stop without using any other variable datum on a case, such as rim thickness or headspace, case deformity, etc. It actually is a well designed piece that costs less, power driven, than other hand operated models.

The thing about Lee stuff is, there's no fluff. They don't go out of thier way to polish the outside of dies or, use inconel to make parts that are adequately strong in aluminum. I wish I had some of the money back that I wasted on crappy expensive reloading equipment that didn't work even AS Nice as the Lee stuff I now use.

Take the money you save and call K&M Services for the rest of the tools you need. Go a little overboard there and you can't go wrong.

I use a Lee Turret press that I picked up at Natchez and I love it. Now, one disclaimer. I use nice dies that all work to a deadstop. I have never used the press on dies that were set up for depth in the press. If I were to guess, I would say that an RCBS press would work nicer for things like that. If I didn't make my own dies, I'd probably buy the shellholder sets with differing depths from whomever it is that makes them (Redding or RCBS) and use them to set the headspace on my size die. For my factory guns, I use Lee Collet dies and have never had a problem using the press I have.

I think you'll find that most presses are overengineered. Not to say that isn't nice from time to time, but I'd sooner spend my money on other things. If the Kit comes with a Perfect Powder Measure, buy it. I know that thier higher priced kits come with one. They run around $140 if I'm not mistaken. The stuff in it that you decide to replace later, didn't cost you an arm an a leg so you won't feel bad about it being in the closet. And, it's gonna all work fine until you have money you just don't know any other way to get rid of.

4mesh063 opinion of the Lee products is consistent with my experience.

The only thing I would like to add is that my Forster Ultra Seater is better than the Lee seater, but both my Forster BR sizer and the Lee fl sizer produce cases with no more than .001" neck runout.

Lets go way back anyone remember the old Lee target loaders? I had one for a 6mm man that thing loaded some fine ammo.

Later, Vern

Wish I could find one for 22-250
rolleyes.gif

Wish I could find one for 22-250

Well Vern,

I was reading in the Lee 2nd Edition loading manual and according to Richard Lee, the Lee Loader Is still produced. Current retail is $19.95. It was on of the first reloading products made by Lee Precision and I guess the son who took over the company decided to bring them back perhaps for sentimental reasons.

In any case, according to this years book (c 2003) you can still get them.

I was actually thinking about getting one the next time I called Natchez. I'm not sure if they will sell to you or not (Natchez Shooters Supply that is). Seems to me, they wholesale to that area and will not compete against thier customers in 3 states down there. Not sure if NC is one of em or not. I know GA is.

Later.

Well the price has gone up to at least $99 in 8 years. I am trying to learn about what I need for 30.06. Seems like people like the RCBS better. I might be able to reload at a co-workers house in the short term.

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.