Lecia 3200 and Kestrel 5700 and the elite

Jnm300ultra

My question is I purchased the Lecia 3200 his hunting season and had a hard time programming them. I had been able to use my 300 win mag with factory Barnes 180gr TTSX and I adjusted all the information for my speed and bc. Then I tried to program my 280 Ackley with 155gr Hammer Hunters and I couldn't get it to work. Nothing was in the profile. My question is do I need the Kestrel 5700 elite for this to program my binoculars or can I get away with the Kestrel 5700 ballistics with link. I only want this for my 2 or 3 hunting rifles. I don't shoot PRC. This will be mainly for hunting deer and maybe shooting in the woods.I just want something simple I like my br2 from GUNWERKS. I just hated using my binoculars and my boat anchor of a rangefinder. I don't really want to spend more money on the elite if I don't need it. The elite is $799 and the other is $459. I have $200 in cabelas points so cabelas it is. Any advice is appreciated and welcome.
Thanks
Jason

Good Morning Jason,

I have two pieces of advice:

- Call Leica and get the absolute best directions to solve your dilemma with your equipment. They will know better.

- Spend your points on something at Cabela's and then close your account. Both Cabela's and Bass Pro support the Chinese economy.

:)

Good Morning Jason,

I have two pieces of advice:

- Call Leica and get the absolute best directions to solve your dilemma with your equipment. They will know better.

- Spend your points on something at Cabela's and then close your account. Both Cabela's and Bass Pro support the Chinese economy.

:)
Thanks for the advice, calling Leica would be the best way. As for my credit card with Cabelas they have really went downhill when they were bought out by Bass Pro. The last thing I want to do is support the Chinese economy, time for a new credit card.
Thanks,
Jason

My question is I purchased the Lecia 3200 his hunting season and had a hard time programming them. I had been able to use my 300 win mag with factory Barnes 180gr TTSX and I adjusted all the information for my speed and bc. Then I tried to program my 280 Ackley with 155gr Hammer Hunters and I couldn't get it to work. Nothing was in the profile. My question is do I need the Kestrel 5700 elite for this to program my binoculars or can I get away with the Kestrel 5700 ballistics with link. I only want this for my 2 or 3 hunting rifles. I don't shoot PRC. This will be mainly for hunting deer and maybe shooting in the woods.I just want something simple I like my br2 from GUNWERKS. I just hated using my binoculars and my boat anchor of a rangefinder. I don't really want to spend more money on the elite if I don't need it. The elite is $799 and the other is $459. I have $200 in cabelas points so cabelas it is. Any advice is appreciated and welcome.
Thanks
Jason
If you are only planning to have 2-3 rifles programmed into your solver, the then the Kenstrel 5700 Ballistic should be fine for your needs. In the future, if you find you need the features of the 5700 Elite, you can upgrade your 5700 Ballistic to the Elite model, by downloading the software. I think the Ballistic model only comes with the 'Link' (bluetooth capbable), which is requred for the upgrade.

Thanks for all the advice, the upgrade seems really easy if I need it. I do plan on calling Leica to find out if I can program the binoculars with my own profile with my speed and bc.
Jason