Kestrel 5700 question

Lonewolf74

Can anybody tell me what is really the difference between the 3 Kestrel 5700 meters? Obviously I understand one has link, one has AB and one has both. What I want to know is what exactly does this mean for a shooter? Will one have more accurate solutions, or get solutions quicker? I mean as long as I'm able to put in my bullet specs to generate the solution what benefit is there from having the AB on the Kestrel?

Thanks for any help and experience
Josh

Link will "pair" with a blue tooth range finder and automatically input that data in your Kestrel and figure your solution.

Saves you the trouble of having to enter the range and scroll through.

Link will also bluetooth with an Ipad and you can enter/edit all your gun profiles with an easier to see and use Ipad and transfer them wirelessly to your Kestrel.

I don't own a Kestrel, but that is what I determined from reading the manuals. I'm going to purchase something with AB calculators soon. For now I'm getting by with an APP just fine. But that is at the range on flat ground.

Last edited:
Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.