Lead filling in tooth 🦷

338weatherby

Cooked up some homemade venison breakfast sausage this morning and felt something stick in my back tooth. Turned out to be a small piece of lead from the 6CM Eldm that I used on the deer. Though I'm not a person against lead bullets, I don't like it stuck in my tooth or swallowing it. I've pretty much exclusively gone to Hammers for all my hunting rounds. This Springfield Waypoint 6CM was picked up as a quick and easy button shooter. I bought factory ammo to get the brass and break in.

Hammers or not, in my opinion, this is another reason to run mono's.

Attachments

• IMG_7324.jpeg
    IMG_7324.jpeg
    356.3 KB · Views: 24
Cooked up some homemade venison breakfast sausage this morning and felt something stick in my back tooth. Turned out to be a small piece of lead from the 6CM Eldm that I used on the deer. Though I'm not a person against lead bullets, I don't like it stuck in my tooth or swallowing it. I've pretty much exclusively gone to Hammers for all my hunting rounds. This Springfield Waypoint 6CM was picked up as a quick and easy button shooter. I bought factory ammo to get the brass and break in.

I use monos and jacketed lead but ........ when it comes down to biting into a piece of projectile; I'd rather bite a soft piece of lead than a sharp piece of copper. Sheared off petals can end up anywhere. I've bitten a lot of lead pellets when I was an avid pheasant hunter. Never hurt a tooth.

I use monos and jacketed lead but ........ when it comes down to biting into a piece of projectile; I'd rather bite a soft piece of lead than a sharp piece of copper. Sheared off petals can end up anywhere. I've bitten a lot of lead pellets when I was an avid pheasant hunter. Never hurt a tooth.
I agree. The lead pieces tend to be way smaller and most you probably don't even realize they are there. I bit into the shank of a 70 grain HH a couple years ago. Thought it was a piece of bone. It was in a shoulder roast and was small enough to undetected!

I have only bitten down on lead and steel in wild game. I will take lead any day to bite on in my hunting food than steel. Funny thing for me was I had to take lead tests for my job for 27yrs. Lots of lead semi wadcutters, 22LR, and constantly getting face full of smoke on training days. Never wore a respirator, and only one year of the non-lead primers. Nope never had an increase in my count. I think lead is dangerous but no more so than the smog that hangs over most cities and I don't see cities being bashed left and right by hippies on an agenda.

I have no aversion to consuming small amounts of lead, provided they don't have sharp edges……and I swallow them!

Lead consumption through body perforation 🙀 does however, offend the heck out of me! 😉😂 memtb

I agree. The lead pieces tend to be way smaller and most you probably don't even realize they are there. I bit into the shank of a 70 grain HH a couple years ago. Thought it was a piece of bone. It was in a shoulder roast and was small enough to undetected!

Another reason that I prefer exits on my game! 😉 memtb

You would love Flint water. Lol