LC 223 Reloading Questions

SES50

I am getting ready to start reloading a big batch of 223 rem lake city brass. I have to buy components to start this process. Can anyone tell me what the receipt Lake City uses when putting together their standard 55gn military load?

What I am looking for is:
Primer
Powder
Bullet

I am trying to match up to thier load as close as possible since I have a bunch of thier stuff on the shelf as well. Then I do not have to worry about resighting in depending on which box of ammo I grab.

Thanks
SES50

Whatever powder they use is most likely a cannister grade powder... i.e. you can get very similar powders, and likely equivalent performance, but what you buy off the shelf locally will most likely not be the same powder as what they use.

I'd say chrono some of the loads you have already, and then cook up a load to match. Just off the top of my head, I'd say Hornady or Montana Gold 55gr bullets, 25.0-25.5gr H335, primer of your choice, and go to town. Should be close enough in performance that you'd have to be lookin' fairly close to tell the difference.

Warning! This thread is more than 17 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.