Largest cartridge you suppress/won’t suppress?

MachV,
Do you have a State Arms Mach V .375/50 ? A friend and I had a couple set up as switch barrel gund with .50 BMG barrels too.
The .375/50 is an interesting wildcat, wish we had the powders that are available today, when we were playing with it!

Sold the MachV(serial # 8 ), the SWAT and a great shooting lite 300wm back in 2006 after they told me I would be lucky to walk or use my right arm again= I made liers of them all but heavy recoil is not my friend anymore!
Pic is from early 2000s when we where chasing prairie dogs past 2000 yards. Great guns and fun times!
verminthumperboomer.jpeg.jpg

Like you I wish we had better bullets and powders back then. W872 and 250 grain Barns didnt do it justice!

For me about any 7mm mags with 70+ grains of powder and 175ish grain bullet start to be not fun to shoot. So anything that big or bigger I would choose a good muzzle break over a suppressor but that just my preference. I shoot everything under that suppressed. Part of the reason I got rid of all my 30 cal and bigger mags. I rather shoot suppressed so the bigger cartridges are a no go for me now days

Sold the MachV(serial # 8 ), the SWAT and a great shooting lite 300wm back in 2006 after they told me I would be lucky to walk or use my right arm again= I made liers of them all but heavy recoil is not my friend anymore!
Pic is from early 2000s when we where chasing prairie dogs past 2000 yards. Great guns and fun times!
View attachment 342766

Like you I wish we had better bullets and powders back then. W872 and 250 grain Barns didnt do it justice!
Thanks for the reply and the photo! We had fun with it and learned a lot. Hope all goes well for you from here out, take care of yourself, do everything you can and have fun. I got into the .338 LM in a DT SRS seven years ago and last year had Bartlien do pair of 31" barrels in .338 and 6.5 PRC this past year for a "plinker" just couldn't bring myself to the "needmore", I am sure after the Mach V you can understand that statement!

With an 8lb barrel and great brake my 338edge is the newest longrange unit but the two 6.5 Grendels get used more and more these days, with the 6.5Sweede there no needformore.
Speed is fine but accuracy is final and quiet is better