laminate stock modifacations...old thread look-up

LEFTYM77

Im hoping someone remembers what I am talking about. I was looking at a thread a while back, where someone had modified there factorty stock (built on to it) to make it excatly how they wanted it, it had really good pictures in it as well. does anyone have a clue as to what I am talking about?? OR does anyone have any advise on doing this? i love doing things like this my self...

Last edited:
I have carved on ALOT of laminated wood thought the years I've been working on my own guns.

What kind of mods were you talking about? the last few stocks I've used were Joel Russo made A5 clones , I did a good bit of work to the palm grip area to make it fit my hand better , deeping the rear of the grip making for more of a palm swell , I also round the rear of them over a bit to make for a less "blocky" look where the action meets the stock at the rear , I also plane the top of the forend of the stock down so that the whole front end is level to where the bottom of the ejection cut out.
Here are two that I did

SSG2601.jpg

6x47Lapua1.jpg

6x47Lapua2.jpg

RussoblackbrownA5lBeding.jpg

I was actually going to build onto mine and re-spray it with dura coat. I would like to build onto the bottom of the butt area to make it level so it rides in the bags a bit higher. I find myself "crawing" all over it to get comforable. I recently ordered an adjustable cheek piece, and I am going to try and find a really tall rear bag and see what that does. I know most people will shun me for covering up the laminate but the action has been bedded, and I am a lefty shooting a right handed gun so alot of the tactical stock don't fit very well. this is how I came to the conclusion that I would just mod what I have. and DIY projects are always so satisfying.
p.s. nice work on your stocks

Warning! This thread is more than 16 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts