LabRadar Speed Limit

Nimrodmar10

I'm working on loads for a .243 Win. and a 6mm Creedmoor, using the Nosler 55 gr. Ballistic Tip, for coyotes. I was expecting speeds of over 4000 fps. When I set up my Labradar to check the velocities, I could not get a reading. I checked the unit with a 22-250 with a 55 gr. V-Max traveling at 3550 fps, and everything worked fine.
I went to the LabRadar web site and sent an email to the support team. I received an answer today explaining that the Labradar has a top velocity limit of 3900 fps. I'm a little disappointed, but I can understand that it could get very hard to get a velocity on a small projectile traveling at nearly Mach 4

I checked on that when the Labradar first came out for my .204 Ruger. Wouldn't read over 4000 like you found out.

Set the radar up at 100yds and hand calculate your ballistics. Another step would be to shoot a tall target from 100-400yds.

I'm working on loads for a .243 Win. and a 6mm Creedmoor, using the Nosler 55 gr. Ballistic Tip, for coyotes. I was expecting speeds of over 4000 fps. When I set up my Labradar to check the velocities, I could not get a reading. I checked the unit with a 22-250 with a 55 gr. V-Max traveling at 3550 fps, and everything worked fine.
I went to the LabRadar web site and sent an email to the support team. I received an answer today explaining that the Labradar has a top velocity limit of 3900 fps. I'm a little disappointed, but I can understand that it could get very hard to get a velocity on a small projectile traveling at nearly Mach 4

Very interesting.
I had no idea that the Labradar was electronically limited. And Don't understand why It would because other systems will read beyond
The ability to push bullets.

I use a Oehler 35 p and the magneto speed and have exceeded 4600 ft/sec with both units. They will have to increase the upper limit or lose sales. 4,000 ft/sec is achieved in many cartridges and SD s and ES s are needed to work up loads for them.

Interesting !!!!

J E CUSTOM

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.