Kyle’s Trophy Buck

You guys are the best. Way better than me for sure! They are not jumpers by nature.
Holy crap! You've just been given an ark load of video evidence and you still can't concede that you are WRONG? Maybe they aren't jumpers "by nature", but they dang sure do it…..plenty. Elk aren't mountain animals "by nature". Have you ever seen one in the mountains?😂🤣
I think we hunters are hard headed "by nature" and we are all going to have differing opinions on what constitutes "hunting". I for one will NEVER advocate high fences. As a matter of fact, I think they should be OUTLAWED. According to the state of Texas, the animals belong to the people. Why can someone then put them in a pen they aren't able to escape from? It manipulates their natural travel patterns, and causes neighbors to lose exponential property value concerning recreational purposes. Texas now has a problem with CWD! Why? Those FKN high fence operations!
Everyone of those fences that goes up will also put that much more pressure on public hunting opportunities. Pretty soon it will be like Europe and only the RICH will be able to enjoy the sport.

Last edited:
Holy crap! You've just been given an ark load of video evidence and you still can't concede that you are WRONG? Maybe they aren't jumpers "by nature", but they dang sure do it…..plenty. Elk aren't mountain animals "by nature". Have you ever seen one in the mountains?😂🤣
I think we hunters are hard headed "by nature" and we are all going to have differing opinions on what constitutes "hunting". I for one will NEVER advocate high fences. As a matter of fact, I think they should be OUTLAWED. According to the state of Texas, the animals belong to the people. Why can someone then put them in a pen they aren't able to escape from? It manipulates their natural travel patterns, and causes neighbors to lose exponential property value concerning recreational purposes. Texas now has a problem with CWD! Why? Those FKN high fence operations!
Everyone of those fences that goes up will also put that much more pressure on public hunting opportunities. Pretty soon it will be like Europe and only the RICH will be able to enjoy the sport.
I'm not happy to say this but compared to fifty some years ago when I started hunting we're already to the point most hunting is tuned for the rich. This has been an interesting thread to read good luck all

You got me! Some times pronghorn jump. Not normally. They back up on 4 strand barb wire cattle fences all the time and have a hell of a time figuring out how to get through it.

We have cwd in MT. Have for a very long time. We don't have high fence. Biologist that I spoke with figured it has been here since the 50's. I wonder how we got it without high fences? The Texans that I have been around are pretty passionate about whether or not someone has the right to tell them how they fence their land. If it were not for high fences in South Africa there would be very little game left. Land there that is not high fenced has little or no game on it. The fences there are as much about keeping poachers out as they are about keeping game in. Farmers there also high fence in order to keep animals out of their crops. They will high fence a property and then exterminate any wild animals on the land in order to preserve their crops.

I'm pretty sure I have hunted elk my whole life in some of the roughest country available. Oh boy...You got me again. I'm just a dumb Montanan that has no idea what hunting is. Or where elk live. Or what their natural habitat was.

Here is what I do know. Only here on LRH did the post of a successful hunt of a white tail deer on a TX ranch become such a ****ing match. The get Hammer Bullets crowd shows up again. We posted the same thing all over social media and only here did this happen. We have the hate Hammer crowd jumping in thinking this their shot at getting Hammer Bullets and then the holier than thou crowd letting everyone know that they are the premier hunters and only they are truly pure. Sooo much better than the lesser hunters. Even though they are lesser hunters we will count them as part of the hunting community, but they will have to ride in the back seat of the hunting bus. If this statement offends you, you need to take a hard look at yourself. You are the biggest problem that our hunting community has. You will be what enables the antis to stop it all together. You will be the one that sides with the antis in order to keep your "purity" standards. No different than the traditional archers that lobby to shorten the archery season and make it either or in order to limit the number of archers that they have to compete with. Either or, for those who don't know, is you have to choose before the season whether you will hunt with a bow or a rifle. You can't use both. Led by the purist, holier than thou traditional archers that are the best hunters, because of their method.

I was told 30 years ago that the hunting community would cannibalize itself and do the work for the anti-hunters. I did not believe it then. Threads like this one prove me wrong.

You got me! Some times pronghorn jump. Not normally. They back up on 4 strand barb wire cattle fences all the time and have a hell of a time figuring out how to get through it.

We have cwd in MT. Have for a very long time. We don't have high fence. Biologist that I spoke with figured it has been here since the 50's. I wonder how we got it without high fences? The Texans that I have been around are pretty passionate about whether or not someone has the right to tell them how they fence their land. If it were not for high fences in South Africa there would be very little game left. Land there that is not high fenced has little or no game on it. The fences there are as much about keeping poachers out as they are about keeping game in. Farmers there also high fence in order to keep animals out of their crops. They will high fence a property and then exterminate any wild animals on the land in order to preserve their crops.

I'm pretty sure I have hunted elk my whole life in some of the roughest country available. Oh boy...You got me again. I'm just a dumb Montanan that has no idea what hunting is. Or where elk live. Or what their natural habitat was.

Here is what I do know. Only here on LRH did the post of a successful hunt of a white tail deer on a TX ranch become such a ****ing match. The get Hammer Bullets crowd shows up again. We posted the same thing all over social media and only here did this happen. We have the hate Hammer crowd jumping in thinking this their shot at getting Hammer Bullets and then the holier than thou crowd letting everyone know that they are the premier hunters and only they are truly pure. Sooo much better than the lesser hunters. Even though they are lesser hunters we will count them as part of the hunting community, but they will have to ride in the back seat of the hunting bus. If this statement offends you, you need to take a hard look at yourself. You are the biggest problem that our hunting community has. You will be what enables the antis to stop it all together. You will be the one that sides with the antis in order to keep your "purity" standards. No different than the traditional archers that lobby to shorten the archery season and make it either or in order to limit the number of archers that they have to compete with. Either or, for those who don't know, is you have to choose before the season whether you will hunt with a bow or a rifle. You can't use both. Led by the purist, holier than thou traditional archers that are the best hunters, because of their method.

I was told 30 years ago that the hunting community would cannibalize itself and do the work for the anti-hunters. I did not believe it then. Threads like this one prove me wrong.
How come you're always the victim? Ever wonder why?

We posted the same thing all over social media and only here did this happen.
Just curious what other places this was posted and how many of those were your own social media? I'm not surprised more gets ignored and let go on your own social media, but I'm also not surprised a more independent forum like this would see people feel more open to give their opinions.

I know you didn't post in on LRO, for example, because amongst other reasons, you're not allowed on that forum due to all the drama that seems to follow you and that you produce, whether you take accountability for it or not. It's also the way you react to it. It's one reason I frequent that forum more often nowadays than this one. I'm not alone either. I still try to get enjoyment out of this forum though and shouldn't have to be ran off by things like this.

Keep playing the victim though and being paranoid that everyone is out to get you and your company. You need to be more open to criticism or you need to stay off of social media. That's my advice.

Last edited:
Just curious what other places this was posted and how many of those were your own social media? I'm not surprised more gets ignored and let go on your own social media, but I'm also not surprised a more independent forum like this would see people feel more open to give their opinions.

I know you didn't post in on LRO, for example, because amongst other reasons, you're not allowed on that forum due to all the drama that seems to follow you and that you produce, whether you take accountability for it or not. It's also the way you react to it. It's one reason I frequent that forum more often nowadays than this one. I'm not alone either. I still try to get enjoyment out of this forum though and shouldn't have to be ran off by things like this.

Keep playing the victim though and being paranoid that everyone is out to get you and your company. You need to be more open to criticism or you need to stay off of social media. That's my advice.
Usually I get called mean and a bully. Now I guess I am a victim. Never thought that. A target for a handful of zealots, yes. The same group that fall over themselves to try and get Hammer Bullets only to make themselves and hunters in general look bad.

Usually I get called mean and a bully. Now I guess I am a victim. Never thought that. A target for a handful of zealots, yes. The same group that fall over themselves to try and get Hammer Bullets only to make themselves and hunters in general look bad.
Clear your mind, Steve.

Clear your mind, Steve.
That is pretty good humor. 😆

I had to think about the victim thing some more. I think the only way I could be classified as a victim is if I am successfully damaged or hurt. That doesn't happen. Any of you that think of me as a victim are giving yourselves too much credit. Keep trying.

I personally didn't know "hammer" bullets even existed and I have no idea what you affiliation is with them. What I do know is that you can't seem to form a decent argument for high fence hunting in the US. I've been to South Africa. I was totally disgusted to see the whole damned place is high fenced and resembled nothing of the wilderness I read about as a child. I didn't shoot ANYTHING. Both of my sons did, but they were 11 and 12 and had not tempered an ideology about any of that yet. The "hunting" consisted of driving around while sitting in the back of a Land Rover until you see what you want to SHOOT. An animal I've always wanted in the worst way is a big kudu. We saw a GIANT while driving around one day. It stood less than 20yds from the vehicle looking at us. The PH asked if I wanted it. LAUGHABLE.
I've built and hunted with "self" bows for a long time. I've never dreamed of lobbying against compounds. Hell, crossbows are legal here now. You still have to get CLOSE and that's what bow hunting is about to me. Anyway, keep grasping at straws and maybe one day you will catch one.
You label it a "successful hunt on a texas ranch". How many people would have even bothered to open the thread if you had labeled it "buck killed on texas deer farm"? That's what it is……..PERIOD.

Last edited:
BTW: Great performance and incredible customer service is why I use Hammers, simple. I've had good luck with Barnes and been playing around with our local McGuire Ballistics "Copper Rose" with great success as well. My advice is to spend more time outdoors and less time on-line! However, I do spend a fair amount of time on this site 😂