Kudos to Krieger.......again!

goodgrouper

I got two new Kriegers chambered up yesterday and I have to say that I have never been so impressed. After dialing in on the bore, a real fast spin of the old lathe showed how straight these barrels were bored. The first one (a 6mm 4 groove 13.5" twist) had one section about 4" long out towards the end that ran out just enough for the eye to register a wiggle. After that section was cut off, it ran dead nuts straight. A dial on the back end of the 8"indicator rod showed less than .0002 runout. I thought I got lucky once, but it turned out to be twice!

I threw the second barrel in the lathe (a 6mm 4 groove 8" twist) and once it was rough centered before boring, I about hit the floor when I looked down the bore while it spun. No movement. None. Straighter than an arrow. ANd that was before it was totally dialed in even. Amazing.

When I ran the mic on the back of the indicator rod on this barrel, it basically flatlined. Less than .0001 runout!

If these two barrels shoot as good as they were made, I'm going to have some serious fun. ANd so far, so good. The 8" twist broke in easier than any barrel I've ever done and I've done more than I care to remember.

After checking to make sure my Coppermelt hadn't died with a check of Eliminator, I could see the Coppermelt was fine. The barrel just wasn't copperfouling! No blue patches in the entire break-in process!! ANd I was using bullets with very long bearing surfaces too. Unbelievable. TO clean it is a joy. Krieger, your doing great. Keep on doing what you're doing!

Last edited:
I have a Krieger on my .30-06 AI and I've had the same experience with the cleaning of my bbl.

I can shoot 30 rounds and clean and 10 patches leter, no copper, no powder fouling. I love my Krieger.

I wish I could afford another.

Dan :)

Last edited:
I have had several similar experiances with kreigers as far as the breakin and cleaning in general, but the best part about the barrels is the little groups they shoot. Good luck with your new tubes.

Outstanding!! That is why I like Kriegers and use them almost 100%! My Smith got me started on these years ago and your example is one of the reasons why! The 6.5 WSM I got a couple of weeks ago indicated in the same way.. I love Krieger tubes!!

Last edited:
Glad to hear you all are having such good experiences with our barrels. We are (admitedly) lacking on delivery times right now but are taking steps to improve that. The one thing we will not do is cut corners or rush the process. Our customers deserve better than that. Also, just a note, with the cost of steel, transportation, and other related costs of operating a business going up, we are for another year, NOT raising prices on our barrels. The latest updates have been made to our website, please take a look and come back often. I have taken on the responsibility of updating the web site so it will hopefully get done on a more regular basis. Please e-mail and let us know what you would like to see.

Thank you again!

Warning! This thread is more than 16 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.