Kudos to Weatherby!!!!!

asd9055

So...Bolt action rifles I only have Winchester Model 70 Classic and Current model and Weatherby Mark V.
I have twice as many Winchesters and Weatherby.
I needed a magazine follower for a Winchester Model 70, 375 H&H. I called Winchester/Browning. Very friendly people, very friendly service. However they have never stocked to part. This is the same follower from 1992 (I think, when the CRF was reintroduced to now). Like I said, very friend service department, had the had it, they would have sent it for free. But they have never stocked it, nor do they plan.
Now the rest of the story...the Happy Ending.!!!
I send an email to Weatherby about the same part. Two days later, I had a reply with a part number, a name of a person and a phone number to call.
Today I called, the part is $5.95. I ordered three. They are on their way.
Kudos to Weatherby!!! When you sell something, you have parts for it just in case!!!!
I love Winchesters, have almost every caliber they made, but not buying any more.

Winchester no longer produce a Magnum length action, this is why they do not have the part. Also, USRAC New Haven were the last one's to produce them, they went the way of the Dodo in 2006.
So, you feel they should still sell the part for a rifle that isn't produced after 14 years?
Not even car makers NEED to supply parts after 10 years.

If you feel that buying a new Winchester now is not a good idea due to this, you are cutting your nose off to spite your face.

Out of the many recently manufactured rifles out there, they are in the top 3 and are well worth the money. Some others are simply relying on their name and little more.

Cheers.

The rifle in question was produced in late 2014, not USRAC, but Browning/FN, 375 H&H Alaskan Stainless Laminate, NOT in New Heaven. It says Morgan, Utah on it, but I think it is actually S. Carolina.
I did say I love them...I said, if they don't stock parts, why bother
I have a dozen Winchesters, I have one Ruger, but I bet if I called them, they would be right on it.
I said the service people were extremely nice and helpful, but the company does not give them the tools to serve the customers
I can send you a picture if you doubt me
They still list magnums on their page

Last edited:
So...Bolt action rifles I only have Winchester Model 70 Classic and Current model and Weatherby Mark V.
I have twice as many Winchesters and Weatherby.
I needed a magazine follower for a Winchester Model 70, 375 H&H. I called Winchester/Browning. Very friendly people, very friendly service. However they have never stocked to part. This is the same follower from 1992 (I think, when the CRF was reintroduced to now). Like I said, very friend service department, had the had it, they would have sent it for free. But they have never stocked it, nor do they plan.
Now the rest of the story...the Happy Ending.!!!
I send an email to Weatherby about the same part. Two days later, I had a reply with a part number, a name of a person and a phone number to call.
Today I called, the part is $5.95. I ordered three. They are on their way.
Kudos to Weatherby!!! When you sell something, you have parts for it just in case!!!!
I love Winchesters, have almost every caliber they made, but not buying any more.
Why does weatherby barrel's are to right against the stock on most of ther models especially the meat eater version

Winchester no longer produce a Magnum length action, this is why they do not have the part. Also, USRAC New Haven were the last one's to produce them, they went the way of the Dodo in 2006.
So, you feel they should still sell the part for a rifle that isn't produced after 14 years?
Not even car makers NEED to supply parts after 10 years.

If you feel that buying a new Winchester now is not a good idea due to this, you are cutting your nose off to spite your face.

Out of the many recently manufactured rifles out there, they are in the top 3 and are well worth the money. Some others are simply relying on their name and little more.

Cheers.

Winchester doesn't chamber 375 or 416?

Winchester doesn't chamber 375 or 416?
They still do in the Safari Express
416 Rem
458 Win Mag
375 H&H
Also 375 H&H in the Alaskan, which I have

They still do in the Safari Express
416 Rem
458 Win Mag
375 H&H
Also 375 H&H in the Alaskan, which I have

And at least 2 of those are in a magnum length action, no?
416 and 375 I believe. I am not sure how long the 458 is, might be longer

Like I said, the service person was extremely nice and tried to help, but he could not give me something they NEVER stocked. Couldn't even put me on waiting list because there are no plans to stock it.

Ever Since FN/Browning Acquired USRAC they have been trying to direct sales to Browning. IMHO.

416 and 375 I believe. I am not sure how long the 458 is, might be longer

Like I said, the service person was extremely nice and tried to help, but he could not give me something they NEVER stocked. Couldn't even put me on waiting list because there are no plans to stock it.

Ever Since FN/Browning Acquired USRAC they have been trying to direct sales to Browning. IMHO.

How do you mean? Like push people to browning rifles? Idk what the other poster meant but they definitely make a magnum action still. I have a Portugal made 416 rem with an OAL of 3.600

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.