Kowa vs Razor spotting scope

Was wondering yalls thoughts on the Kowa TSN-553 15-45x55mm angled spotting scope vs The Razor HD 11-33x50 angled spotting scope. Looking to get something on the smaller side for shorter day hikes when not hunting, but still not feel totally lacking come hunting season.
Thank you in advance for your time and input.

There's no comparison. The kowa is hands down better. The only issue with the kowa is the small eyepiece can fatigue over time. If you're the type to use binos and then switch to the spotter once you've found something, it won't be an issue.

Yes, hands down the Kowa is better than the Razor. In between the 2 is the Nikon ED50 Fieldscope with the 13-40x eyepiece, not the standard 13-30x that it usually comes with. I ran the Nikon for many years but picked up the Kowa recently and it has a slight edge in clarity and brightness at dusk(very close but the TSN has a 5mm larger objective so I would expect it to be brighter) over the Nikon, but the Nikon has a much bigger field of view so there is a trade off. The Kowa is 29oz and the vs 17oz. If I had to do it over again I would stick to the Nikon as the Kowa is not $1,000 better. For comparison I have a Swaro 65mm, Meopta S2, and Kowa TSN 883 and am kind of a glass snob. If money is not an object I would choose the new Swaro Swarovski ATC 17-40x56mm.... I would really like to get my hands on one of these !

If money is not an object I would choose the new Swaro Swarovski ATC 17-40x56mm.... I would really like to get my hands on one of these !
I have one of these and they are nice for the field of view but still not as nice as the kowa for clarity in my opinion. I had them both and compared them side by side. Decided to keep the ATC because Ollin had a phone scope adapter for it. I had heard rumor that Kowa was coming out w a 55mm with the bigger eyepiece but I don't think that's happening now that they just released their new 66mm I have one of those on order, I'm a bit of a glass snob as well!!

I can't even explain how incomparable those two spotters are. The Razor is terrible in comparison.

BUT, with that said, the 55mm KOWA and the tiny eye piece is also not comparable if you just bump up a little to the 66 with larger eyepiece either.

I can't even explain how incomparable those two spotters are. The Razor is terrible in comparison.

BUT, with that said, the 55mm KOWA and the tiny eye piece is also not comparable if you just bump up a little to the 66 with larger eyepiece either.
Are you speaking of the Kowa tsn 663 m when referencing the bump up? I ask, because the 663/664 are significantly more affordable than the 553/554. I wanted to make certain I was referring to the same models you are as I saw mention of a 66mm being a new release and on order from a post above yours. Thanks for any clarification.

This^^^^....not even in the same ball park.

Are you speaking of the Kowa tsn 663 m when referencing the bump up? I ask, because the 663/664 are significantly more affordable than the 553/554. I wanted to make certain I was referring to the same models you are as I saw mention of a 66mm being a new release and on order from a post above yours. Thanks for any clarification.
Correct. Even the older 66 without fluorite glass would be a good upgrade over the 55

Correct. Even the older 66 without fluorite glass would be a good upgrade over the 55
Thanks for the reply, I was just on the verge of ordering a 553 as dvor had them for $1262 recently. I had a hunch it was because of a new model/close out. Now to look for a 663M

663m 15.2" and weighs in at 44.7.
553, 10.7" and weighs in at 28.6
pretty significant differences and one would have to decide of the intended uses of both.
This gives me a moment to pause and do some deeper considerations.

663m 15.2" and weighs in at 44.7.
553, 10.7" and weighs in at 28.6
pretty significant differences and one would have to decide of the intended uses of both.
This gives me a moment to pause and do some deeper considerations.
Oh yeah. Performance comes at a cost that only you can justify. I started with a razor 11-33. Then a Kowa 554. Then a 774. And then a 884 haha. I carry the 884 everywhere. Lots of long distance glassing and digi scoping. So it's worth it to me.

Oh yeah. Performance comes at a cost that only you can justify. I started with a razor 11-33. Then a Kowa 554. Then a 774. And then a 884 haha. I carry the 884 everywhere. Lots of long distance glassing and digi scoping. So it's worth it to me.
I have an 883 as well, greatest thing ever here in Nevada, but ya. Looking for something a bit more manageable