Kowa BD42-10XD 10x42 Prominar Binoculars vs. Meopta Meopro 10x42 HD Binos

Ranger260

I was looking to upgrade from my Vanguard Endeavor ED 8x42 binos. I need more magnification and better resolution for the 1st and last half-hour of the day, particularly to see antlers. I hunt deer and elk in varying terrain in Utah, and looking for one decent set of binos to do it all for now (especially something that works well for an eyeglass wearer). The Vanguards were pretty good for the price, but frankly my vision is not what it used to be, and feel I could benefit with an upgrade.

Unfortunately, alpha glass is not in the picture this year. My price point is $500 or less. There is very little info/reviews available for the Kowas on the internet. However, I am aware that Kowa has a good reputation.

Does anyone have any experience with the Kowa BD series Prominars? How do they compare to the Meopta Meopros (seem well-reviewed)? Is there something else I should be looking at for this price point? Please don't suggest I save for Swaros...not gonna happen this year! Thanks.

Doug...I see you found me on both threads. Thanks for your input. BTW...I have purchased from you guys in the past and appreciate your customer service as well as involvement in the forums.

That wide field of view on the Prominars is definitely something to consider. I originally had my heart set on some Meopros from you, but looks like I was a few days too late.

However, I am open to suggestions for similar or better-performing options at the price point. I see that there appears to be 2 generations of the Kowa BD42-10XD Prominars on the market. What are the differences between the two? Thanks.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.