KNIGHT SHOOTING ???

redbone

I am looking at doing sone knight shooting I have a shooting bench in my shop for shooting when it is to or cold to get out side. I have put a light over my target at 150 yards.
Has anyone out there ever shoy at knight if tell what happen ?
What will be the POR an CON to shoting at knight?

[ QUOTE ]
I am looking at doing sone knight shooting I have a shooting bench in my shop for shooting when it is to or cold to get out side. I have put a light over my target at 150 yards.
Has anyone out there ever shoy at knight if tell what happen ?
What will be the POR an CON to shoting at knight?

[/ QUOTE ]

Those knights are pretty vicious with their swords, and maces and armor -- you better use some AP bullets /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Sorry, couldnt help myself...

JB /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Redbone,
If your target is well illuminated, you have a good backstop and there is absolutely no way for someone to get between you and the target... you're in bussiness! The only CON WOULD BE someone getting between you and the target, aside from that I only see PROS... barrel won't heat as much, heat waves won't bather you and best of all it will relax you to go to bed. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Re: NIGHT SHOOTING ???

Here in the UK our laws are significantly different to yours and we dont tend to practice at night (except for military service)but we do a very serious amount of shooting with a lamp at night for the purpose of pest control.

I wouldnt call it long range, but there are a LOT of people who shoot rabbits and foxes at night after dark with a lamp. Indeed some people are getting into spending serious money on Night Vision equipment and shooting in more or less complete darkness.

A guide or code of practice can be found here:

http://www.basc.org.uk/content/lampingpractice

Unfortunately it needs to be undertaken carefully:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/devon/4209528.stm

This is the only accident of this type that I have ever heard of but its very bad news.

I hope the guide may be of some help with your endeavours.

When care is taken it may be a very effective means of pest control a friend and I shot 100+ rabbits in a session from 3pm to about midnight a couple of weeks ago.

Regards,

English

As long as your neighbors dont complain and the police stay away. Where I live the only way one can shoot at night is varmit hunting. As previouly mention you would have to be certain no one is between you and the target. With a good scope and well lighted target i see no problem there either. Your heading say knight shooting ???, do you mean ML'er shooting as Knight Is the name of a good ML'er, or shooting after the sun goes down (Dark) Lou

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts