MSU Shooting

Muddyboots

Just found out someone we know survived but friend was killed. Horrific beyond thought. There are so many of these terrible incidences, why? The anger in our society is bubbling over in everything we do. Why?

I am really struggling to understand how this anger results in a decision to murdering innocent people. Children are those we step in front of bus to protect. Why?

Is it lack of family? Faith? Education? Equitable freedom to grow? Jealousy of success? Everything?

Our society is so broken, I truly wonder if we can fix it. I just don't know anymore. Our children, grandchildren, what chance do they have at a life we had?

If you know someone who is struggling, your reach out to them with care, it just may be the spark that is a life changer.

I will challenge everyone to have a civil respectful discussion. There is enough anger out there.

Last edited:
Stop looking for a logical explanation, everyone tries to figure this out using common sense, but the people responsible for the acts do not in any way, shape or form, think like the responsible portion of the society, there is no way in the world that anyone with a reasonable sense of morality could commit such acts, I am sick and tired of the media looking for a motive I don't care what the motive could possibly have been. It just makes no sense.

Is it lack of family? Faith?
This.
We USED to have mental institutions for a reason!!!! Nowadays, if a kid cuts the head off a puppy and hangs his kitten it's his daddy's fault for taking away his social media and they give him a hug....
We also used to get our butts blistered when we needed it.

Brother muddy, I think it will only get worse until the end. And if you look at the dramatic decline of the human condition over the last 20 years, it leads me to believe that we are very close.

Last edited:
I can't believe how much the news and the media will glorify these events, I believe some of this glory is what these people want. We have also desensitized our youth with shoot'em up video games and social media. I tell my kids all the time that cell phones and video games are the end of western civilization as we know it. These events are sad and my heart breaks when we hear of them, but I would be ok if I never ever heard about them at all. Jason

I can't believe how much the news and the media will glorify these events, I believe some of this glory is what these people want. We have also desensitized our youth with shoot'em up video games and social media. I tell my kids all the time that cell phones and video games are the end of western civilization as we know it. These events are sad and my heart breaks when we hear of them, but I would be ok if I never ever heard about them at all. Jason
Not trying to start crap but the violent video game schtick is a "cop out" ever watch Tom & Jerry? I knew when I was 4 years old hittin someone with a cast iron skillet is not gonna turn out good.... Common DAMMMM sense and some parenting goes a LOOOONG way!!!

Look at WHERE these things happen, by far they are in 'safe' places, 'gun free' places, places where a sick person knows the victims won't be able to defend themselves. I think they try to extract massive suffering from society in general as a penance for what they perceive society has done to them but that is just a guess. Like what was said above, you cannot reason why these happen, you aren't completely eff'd in the head and you will never be able to understand whatever reason the person used to commit a heinous act like this because it will never make sense. Lot's of kids today get participation trophies their whole lives without accomplishment, they live in broken homes with out balanced influences in their lives like solid male and female role models and basic right and wrong (God for most of us), they live in their phones with the belief that the people they see on social media don't have struggles in their lives OR they gravitate toward people on social media that are just as eff'd up as they are and BLAME everything but themselves for the struggles that they have.

The simple ugly answer to my mind is YOU need to be prepared and able to defend yourself at all times in all places regardless of regulation. Whatever that is to you, you had better do it. Here in Texas they made some progress toward that by letting students over 21 carry on campus, but it's not even a half measure to me because they require a CC license in a constitutional carry state and the vast majority of good law abiding students are not 21. The vast majority of teachers and professors are leftists and do not believe they are responsible for their own safety at any time so they aren't able or willing to protect the students in their care, leaving it up to the students.

IMO. The biggest problem in our society is the lack of discipline in everything that goes on. The Bible has been removed from family. Parents will not discipline their children. In schools all are rewarded equally, no discipline. Death penalty has been removed from most all states. It's sickening to see and hear what is happening to our society. I'm going to stop here, I'm making myself sick writing about it.

Crazy people do crazy things. Doesn't need to be any rationale to their digusting behavior. They often commit suicide after their atrocities.

Definition of crazy...

Just a shame that they don't fire their first shot into their own brain. Whatever brain there is...

In short I believe that things like this happen due to the lack of the Bible. The Bible teaches morals which starts with the parents, it will teach respect, it teaches love, it teaches what is right and wrong. Without the Bible and the belief in heaven then what is the reason for doing the right thing?

Recent Posts