knight long range hunter

I posted this to another to about my Disc extreme. It will not shoot BH209.Even using mag primers I get misfires and hangfires. It will shoot 777 with good results. The actions on both rifles seem to be the same , just different barrels and stocks.

I have been shooting a LRH for 4 years. It's a little heavy to carry in rough country, but it's a great box blind gun. It came with a Target trigger, I glass bedded the action and have tried various combinations of bullets, sabots and powder volume. Early on I had a few hang fires with the original breech plug using the full plastic jacket. That stopped when I bought a Lehigh breech plug (now available from Knight) and changed to CCI 209M primers. Using 110 gr of BH 209, the CCI primers, a Harvester 300 gr PT Gold bullet with their Black Crush Rib sabot I can regularly shoot a 3 shot sub MOA group at a 100 yds. Best to date has been a .297 inch group. Mid season last year I switched to Lehigh's bare primer breech plug and Federal's 209A primers to reduce blowback. I have also experimented with Hornady's 300 gr SST's as well as with several Barnes solid copper bullets and all will produce MOA groups. Two tips to avoid hang fires. Every 50 shots or so , hand turn a properly sized drill bit in the flame channel of the breech plug to remove carbon buildup and use firm, consistent pressure on the ramrod when seating the bullet. The nice thing about using BH 209 is ease of clean up with normal gun solvents(Hoppes etc) and no crud rings to hamper loading. Enjoy.
Hoppes etcp(

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.