kirby .300AM ???

Fiftydtiver i woukd like to know more about your 300AM
what case is it based on, velocity, etc. i sent you an e-mail about some info on the 300Am as well as ? about prices for a 7RUM rechambered for 169.5gr. sounds to be a good LRH that .300AM will be.

OneShot1980,

There are two new rounds coming from the shop this sping. One is a usier friendly design, the other is for flat out extreme performance with no other purpose.

The first is the 300 Allen Xpress which will be nothing more then my 7mm AM necked up to 30 cal. Basically it offers around 10 grains more capacity then a 300 RUM and about 10 less then a 30-378 but its case quality will be vastly superior to the Norma 30-378 so the two should be nearly identical in performance with less powder needed for the 300 AX.

The 300 AX is designed to be used for any conventional 30 cal bullet as well as the heavies including the new 290 gr ULD RBBT from Wildcat bullets.

The extreme round and the one you ask about is the 300 AM which is simply my 338 Allen Magnum necked down to 30 cal. THis round will more then likely only work well with the 290 gr ULD RBBT because of its 150 gr powder volume.

Velocities from 32" barrels with this bullet should be in the 3300 fps range and with a BC projected in the high .9 range, it should stay super sonic to the 3300 yard mark in most cases from what the ballistic models are saying anyway. Until bullets get in the air its hard to tell but it should be very impressive.

Obviously barrel life will be limited to some degree but again, these are big game hunting rifle chamberings and if you do not want that extreme of a round, there is the 300 AX.

Good Shooting!!

Kirby Allen(50)

600Nitro,

For the 290 gr ULD RBBT I will be testing the 1-8 first. We know from Jon A's testing that the 290 gr ULD Flat Base will shoot out of a 1-9 but the longer ULD RBBT will probably need a 1-8.

In the 300 AM, I suspect a 1-9 will work with either bullet because of the much higher velocity potential with that round.

Kirby Allen(50)

Warning! This thread is more than 18 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.