KESTREL BALLISTICS ACCESSORIES FOR UPGRADES AND UPDATES

Coyote Shadow Tracker

LRH Sponsor
We are sure that a lot of hunters/shooters are using Kestrel Ballistics Units from the 2700 to the 5700 X Elite Units. Our family have several different units and having the Blue Tooth ability you can use the Kestrel with your Phone. Tablet, and Range Finders. One thing the Krestel needs is a special accessory to Download Upgrades & Updates. There is a "Dongle" to allow you to connect by Blue Tooth and a USB Data Transfer Cable for you Updates & Upgrades.
Now We have a few dozen extra "Dongles" but anyone know if we can program a Dongle to accept a Krestel? Also does anyone have the "USB Data Transfer Cable"
That they want to sell or not using.
Thanks
Len & Jill

We are sure that a lot of hunters/shooters are using Kestrel Ballistics Units from the 2700 to the 5700 X Elite Units. Our family have several different units and having the Blue Tooth ability you can use the Kestrel with your Phone. Tablet, and Range Finders. One thing the Krestel needs is a special accessory to Download Upgrades & Updates. There is a "Dongle" to allow you to connect by Blue Tooth and a USB Data Transfer Cable for you Updates & Upgrades.
Now We have a few dozen extra "Dongles" but anyone know if we can program a Dongle to accept a Krestel? Also does anyone have the "USB Data Transfer Cable"
Thanks
Len & Jill
Well we got the Kestrel Dongle and also the Data Transfer Cable, We now have (3) Kestrel 5700 AB BT Elite Units now. We bought two several years ago and was thinking that they were just the 5700 models. So when I saw a NIB 5700AB BT Elite I had to buy it. When it was going to be shipped to us I went and looked at our units and paperwork and they were Elites, but kept the new one anyway. We have the one we use, one we bought for Jill's Dad and he never used it and now another one NIB. I called Kestrel and had them update all three to the new Firmware V1.53.
You can update the firmware with the BT and an app on your phone or computer. The special Kestrel and Data Cable is used to download data from your 5700 Elite to your computer or Tablet.
Since I already have two almost new units I should sell the NIB unit that I just got so be on the lookout for my post in the classifieds!
Thanks
Len & Jill

I am going to have some nice like new or NIB items for sale real soon. Medical Bills that aren't covered and we need to have our Water Well "FRACKED" OR ANOTHER well drilled.

Last edited:
Thanks
Len & Jill
What is the usb plug type you are looking for? IE, type A or B or C or D??? Also, are both ends the same? Let me know, I may have one. Have no idea about the dongle.

I'm looking into this same thing right now. I think you need a dongle from kestrel. I went and bought one from a store but it doesn't pair. Going to call them today and see if I'm right. Mine is a 5700 and I'm upgrading it to the elite. I can pair my phone to my kestrel and transfer data, but I can't do the firmware upgrade. Needs a computer. It seems like this is all proprietary

I'm looking into this same thing right now. I think you need a dongle from kestrel. I went and bought one from a store but it doesn't pair. Going to call them today and see if I'm right. Mine is a 5700 and I'm upgrading it to the elite. I can pair my phone to my kestrel and transfer data, but I can't do the firmware upgrade. Needs a computer. It seems like this is all proprietary
if it just a usb cable, i have never seen a proprietary one UNLESS it has something attached to it(like a box built into the cord)
share some pics and us nerds can help
and transferring DATA and FIRMWARE are two different things. a bluetooth connection is not sufficient for doing firmware. for firmware you need a direct connection or an external media(usb drive, flash drive, external hdd/ssd) what if on BT you drop that connection when youre upgrading firmware?...you just bricked your kestrel. it needs the hard, solid connection.

What is the usb plug type you are looking for? IE, type A or B or C or D??? Also, are both ends the same? Let me know, I may have one. Have no idea about the dongle.
The USB Dongle MUST be a Kestrel to work. It is used to transfer data and get Firmware from your computer. Your computer BT will not connect to your 5700.

If you have the 5700 Link you can pair to your phone and get the "Firmware" update. However if you are upgrading your 5700 Link to the "Elite" model you are going to need the "Kestrel Data Cable" so you can get the large transfer of data from your computer.

If you don't want to buy a cable we have one and can lend it to you. Just pay for the shipping both ways.

if it just a usb cable, i have never seen a proprietary one UNLESS it has something attached to it(like a box built into the cord)
share some pics and us nerds can help
and transferring DATA and FIRMWARE are two different things. a bluetooth connection is not sufficient for doing firmware. for firmware you need a direct connection or an external media(usb drive, flash drive, external hdd/ssd) what if on BT you drop that connection when youre upgrading firmware?...you just bricked your kestrel. it needs the hard, solid connection.
You need both a special Kestrel Dongle and Data Cable. We have both.
If you have Link with BT you CAN down load the Firmware to you Kestrel. You Can Not do transfer to your laptop, must have a Kestrel Dongle or Data Cable.

I bought the data transfer cable. I don't need it. I thought I would use my computer for stuff at some point. I just use my phone for updates and everything else.

Reading this it appears Kestral has the same business plan as LabRadar. Here's our unit, but if you want it to operate properly, you need to buy all these additional accessories to go with it.