Kauger Arms Black Widow 6.5x47 Lapua

Ernie

SPONSOR
Last video is me shooting the course after confirming drops, we set up portable AR-500 steel on Tuesday at 400 yards (10"), 496 yards (10"), 575 yards (10"), 645 yards (10"), and 673 yards (12"), with the Kauger Arms Black Widow 6.5x47 Lapua.
The 130 grain ELD-M shot great (2532 fps). We did some pd shooting later...No reason to go home with loaded rounds.
Winds were around 10 mph, and of course was constantly changing from about 6-15 mph.
This is a 15" barrel with a Holland Radial Baffle brake-My favorite!
Scope is the Sightron S-III 6-24 with their MOA reticle (SFP)
You will see some video of the targets from when I was confirming my drops.
When confirming drops, I am just wanting to get my vertical down so I can tweak my ballistic software.
Short range pd shooting only to about 350 yards.

645 yards checking drops on 10" steel.
jCMXNObl.jpg

After we got the drops confirmed, we painted targets, and you can see me run course.

More info about the Black Widow was recently featured here:

I am enjoying shooting this SP!

Last video is me shooting the course after confirming drops, we set up portable AR-500 steel on Tuesday at 400 yards (10"), 496 yards (10"), 575 yards (10"), 645 yards (10"), and 673 yards (12"), with the Kauger Arms Black Widow 6.5x47 Lapua.
The 130 grain ELD-M shot great (2532 fps). We did some pd shooting later...No reason to go home with loaded rounds.
Winds were around 10 mph, and of course was constantly changing from about 6-15 mph.
This is a 15" barrel with a Holland Radial Baffle brake-My favorite!
Scope is the Sightron S-III 6-24 with their MOA reticle (SFP)
You will see some video of the targets from when I was confirming my drops.
When confirming drops, I am just wanting to get my vertical down so I can tweak my ballistic software.
Short range pd shooting only to about 350 yards.

645 yards checking drops on 10" steel.
jCMXNObl.jpg

After we got the drops confirmed, we painted targets, and you can see me run course.

More info about the Black Widow was recently featured here:

I am enjoying shooting this SP!

Is it difficult to get use to a rifle scope on a pistol? How far away are you able to keep your face from the scope? I am impressed with your shooting.

To add to his question. What magnification do you shoot at normally? I have a 6-24 athlon and was playing around with it. At 10-12x it has very generous eye relief. I'm thinking that's what I'll probably try first lol

It is not difficult to use a rifle scope safely or get used to it.
Weight of the specialty pistol, cartridge, and quality of muzzle brake are some of the components to consider. Your higher quality rifle scopes, all have a pretty good eye relief, but the check the eye relief specs. These other videos should help.
If you guys are thinking a specific cartridge, contour barrel, etc...and a budget for an optic, I would be glad to give recommendations.

Here is a 6XC with 107 SMK's-NF NXS

26 Nosler XP-100 with 147 grain at 3025 fps-S&B

284 Winchester XP-100 with a lighter weight barrel and 162 A-Max - Burris Eliminator

Is it difficult to get use to a rifle scope on a pistol? How far away are you able to keep your face from the scope? I am impressed with your shooting.

How far or how close I can be to the scope depends on a number of factors.
This is extreme, but here is a 375 Chey-Tac rear-grip specialty pistol. 6-24 Sightron at 2020 yards. I think I was running 24x.

To add to his question. What magnification do you shoot at normally? I have a 6-24 athlon and was playing around with it. At 10-12x it has very generous eye relief. I'm thinking that's what I'll probably try first lol

The magnification varies, depending on the use. For shooting steel, especially at multiple distances under time, and to be able to see my own impacts, I will run from 8-12 power a lot.

You can now get the Black Widow from Kauger Arms, with a left bolt/left port (Which is ideal for a right-handed shooter). It may not be on their website, but it is available.
You can also get it with a single-shot action, if you so desired.
I absolutely love the Kauger Arms action.
I have three of them now.

Ernie,
Thank you very much for your kindness...
This is so much fun.
I have been using a CVA Scout Pistol for the past few years. It is chambered for a 223 round. At 100 yards the holes are getting closer and closer. I went out to 200 yards last week and really got excited. I built a wooden support which is a great help...like a bi-pod but more like a bedded corridor. The scope was very inexpensive 3-7 power and for these short distances it works.
Last Wednesday I picked up a CVA Scout Pistol chambered for a 6.5 Creedmoor round. I am aware now of the importance to spend more money on a good scope. I am thinking like 400 yards until I saw what you did at 2020 yards. Wow!!!!
I am considering the Sightron S-III 6-24 with their MOA reticle (SFP) as a possible candidate. Another scope of similar magnitude is the Burris 6.5 - 20 with a Mil-Dot Reticle. I am not sure I like all the dots. I would like to take you up on your offer for suggestions on a scope that would take me out to 600 - 800 yards. I am not a hunter. I just like precision... I will hunt if things don't get better on this beautiful earth.
Kindest regards,
Christopher

The Sightron 6-24 with MOA reticle (SFP), they also make that in a FFP reticle as well. I have a number of those 6-24's (On the 375 CT as well), and they are a great scope for the money. I also have a handful of Burris XTR-II's in 3-15. Also have a 4-20 and a 5-25. The XTR-II glass is not as good as Sightron, but I like their turret design better (clicks on both designs are great), and I like the reticle better on the Burris XTR-II. Everything comes with trade-offs. You can't go wrong with either.
My Kauger Arms Black Widow has had both XTR-II and Sightron S-III glass on it. Sightron will cost less (I think).
I am not a MIL-DOT fan myself.
Which specific Burris scope are you talking about?

Here is the one I was looking at yesterday...

Fullfield II™ Riflescope 6.5-20x50mm

I noticed the dot configuration is different than the one Iooked at yesterday...
actually, I kind of like it. The other one had dots and lines all over the quadrants which I thought was way to busy.

Here is the one I was looking at yesterday...

Fullfield II™ Riflescope 6.5-20x50mm

I noticed the dot configuration is different than the one Iooked at yesterday...
actually, I kind of like it. The other one had dots and lines all over the quadrants which I thought was way to busy.
What is your budget for a scope?