6.5x47

Cruizin

Would you put a brake on this one with a rear grip and weighing in at 11lbs? I just ordered a 6.5x284 and they shipped me a 6.5x47 instead.

May not help much but recoil should be very close to 243. I have one in a rifle and am building another. I really like the 6.5 x 47.

Yes we are talking about the 6.5 x 47. I'm trying to determine what kind of recoil I can expect. From what I have read this round out performs a 308 so it should be similar to that.

I have a nightforce 5.5x22 that I was going to put on it for now.

The other option would be to possibly shave off some of the chamber and make it into something that doesn't kick as hard. I need to look into this though. 6.5 Grendal? Anybody have any ideas.

Last edited:
They said to keep it for my trouble. They are making me another one. By the way McGowen customer service is excellent.

I would have done that but I ordered a 1-8 twist and the 6.5x47 they shipped was 1-8.5 twist. They offered me to just keep it so I didn't argue. Great guys over there.

Warning! This thread is more than 16 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.