Kahles MultiZero question

jonoMT

I'm interested in one of these scopes but can't tell for sure from anything I've read whether you can switch to one of your zero presets without removing the turret cover. In other words, can you instantly dial to one of your other presets in the field?

I have 2 of these scopes and you have to remove the top turret

DSCN0250.jpg

in order to turn the turret to the wanted yardage

DSCN0272.jpg

Normally I keep the turret cap on which will prevent accidental turret turning unless I am in a stationary hunting position like a box blind and then I will take if off. IME most long range shots should be taken with preparation and deliberation so removing the cap is something that you should have time for.

woods,

Thanks for the info and great pix. You're right that any long distance shot is going to require some preparation. So taking the cap off won't add much time. I did find out that the turret is supposedly sealed well enough that you could leave it off for a period of time.

Jon

Warning! This thread is more than 16 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.