Kahles 6x42 uses?

athanasios23

I purchased a kahles 6x42 (ZF95) scope on a group buy of refurbished military gear. I was thinking of selling it but when I looked at it to take some photos, the glass looked great.

My question is on what type of rifle would you put this scope on? Real world uses for a fixed 6x scope.

I used to use leupold fixed 6x scopes on a lot of my rifles. Still have them! They make a great scope for an everyday rifle where you want to set and forget the zero. Not the best for long range but they have their place.

Thanks for reply. I was thinking of putting it on my sako vixen 222rem. It's more of a range toy then anything. I had put a cheap leupold freedom on it just to play around. It deserves a better scope.

That sounds like a perfect candidate for a 6x. I've got one on a 1948 model 70, a youth 243, and a savage 99. Only time i felt under glassed with a 6x was shooting test loads at the range.

I think that's the one with target turrets, correct? You can sell it to me. Or trade me for mine without turrets.

Recent Posts