Just moved from Florida to Idaho... hunting question

Discussion in 'Member Introductions' started by chad19946, Oct 4, 2013.

1. chad19946

chad19946 New Member

I moved from Florida to Chubbuck, ID and I'm dying to go big game hunting somewhere close to Pocatello. I recently purchased a Remington 700 SPS Varmint .308 and added a Nikon 4-12X40 with BDC reticle which I believe will do the job. I just need to find a place to start. I grew up white tail deer hunting in Kentucky, but it has been many years. Any ideas where I could start? Thank you for your comments.

2. 7MAGNUM

7MAGNUM Well-Known Member

Take a look at unit 56 the sublett area this can be great early season mule deer hunting if your willing to get out and beat the timber a little it gets alot of pressure but we have always done well above the sublett resivoir seems like most that hit the area are road hunters we killed a couple decent bucks up there last year not to far of a drive for you all that area is pretty good find a high spot spend some time behind the glass hope this helps

3. royinidaho

royinidaho Writers Guild

Welcome to Ideehoo!!!

I left PA and its white tails 51 yrs ago and still haven't caught on to elk and stuff. I keep trying though.

Send me a PM with contact information and we'll get together to tune you up for some muley fun.