Hello from Florida...and some questions

privateer

Hello. Been reading your site for a while. Great info.

Most of my experience is with shotguns (birds, skeet, sporting clays) and pistols. I have been keeping my eye out for a nice rifle.

I have an opportunity to buy a like-new older Remington 700 in 6mm Remington. It is a beautiful rifle. Great price. No scope.

My only hesitation is the ammo availablity. Is this a valid concern or should I go for it?

THanks

I have an opportunity to buy a like-new older Remington 700 in 6mm Remington. It is a beautiful rifle. Great price. No scope.

My only hesitation is the ammo availablity. Is this a valid concern or should I go for it?

THanks

Buy it. It is a better caliber, although less popular, than the 243 Win. Do you reload?

Welcome to the site, it's taught me alot and I'm constantly referring friends to LRH! As for your Florida hunting the 6MM is a great little caliber and will do well on the average game hunted, even pigs, in Florida. Shot one for awhile there myself(20 years in Volusia and 9 years in Columbia Counties). Top it with a good low light capable scope, the critters tend to avoid the mid-day heat! The deer tend to be a little larger there from I-10 up than from I-4 up but a well placed shot will do it on most any game!
Enjoy yourself! Try Oceola WMA, it's just a few miles from Jax and has LOADS of trails you can walk and stalk!

Warning! This thread is more than 15 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.