Just Got my Kampfeld Customs Rifle!!!

I just received my custom 6.5PRC from Karl today. It is a beauty. Defiance Deviant Ultralight Action, Brux 24" twist fluted barrel in 1:8 twist. McMillan Hunter with Forearm rail and Decelerator pad. Trigger tech trigger set to 2.5#. Hawkins bottom metal milled to fit a Wyatts box, spring and follower. Bolt fluted to match barrel topped with his Hunter fluted bolt knob. Two tone cerakote bolt and barrel/receiver and matching stock coating. Topped with a NF 3.5-15x50 with NF Ultralight rings. Weighs 7.4 lbs bare and 9.10 lbs with NF. Can't wait to get to the range and see how she shoots.
Got to ask the Cardinal Sin question, about how much $$ without scope and rings???

Not Hijacking your post but adding to Karl's fine work. He built this 6.5PRC for me. Got it back 2 weeks ago. I sent him all the components. Defiance Tenacity long action, TT Primary, 1-7.5 22" Proof, YHM Qd brake, YHM Resonator Suppressor, Mesa Precision Carbon Fiber stock, Hawkins Precision bottom, Hawkins Precision rings, Crimson Trace 5 series scope. Comes in at 8.25 lbs without bipod or can. 9.4 with bipod and 10.4 with bipod and can. Scope is heavy and I am going to switch to a lighter optic and probably save a pound. To the range this weekend.

29440AD3-5CB7-4173-BE27-41767BA2AEB7.jpeg
A91F9762-97B0-498B-8C0F-E748501207C0.jpeg
44398611-C23F-480E-B540-6CA2AF5EEA40.jpeg

Last edited:
Do you have a planned bullet, brass, you're thinking of experimenting with? I sent him a couple of pieces of ADG brass and a 140 and 156 Berger to experiment with when he did chamber work. He's a great man to work with! Share your results and PM me and I'll do the same! Congrats and good luck with your new rig!

Do you have a planned bullet, brass, you're thinking of experimenting with? I sent him a couple of pieces of ADG brass and a 140 and 156 Berger to experiment with when he did chamber work. He's a great man to work with! Share your results and PM me and I'll do the same! Congrats and good luck with your new rig!

I am not a handloader so am planning on using Choice Ammunition commercial handholds in 140gr Nosler Accubond for Antelope and Mulies. Envy you guys who can develop you special loads....I just don't have the time right now. If these don't shoot, I'll go to Superior Ammunition in SC and have them develop a set of various loads to shoot. Thanks.

jgs8163 - man, that is a really nice build as well. Karl is such a great guy...take your components like you did and build you gun, build from your wish list like I did, or just go work on separate components. He is what I think is missing in today's market place - a full service gunsmith with quality work at a competitive price.

Very nice rifle congrats! My rifle has a mcmillan hunter on it as well and I really like it, it's a fantastic do all hunting rifle stock shape.

Very nice rifle congrats! My rifle has a mcmillan hunter on it as well and I really like it, it's a fantastic do all hunting rifle stock shape.

I agree. It is a hunter which is what I will do with this gun. I backpack a lot and lighter is better. I will put a lighter scope on later on, but I really like the NF products.

Some know what they are talking about........you sir do not.
Some like to urinate on people's shoes also. He fluted his barrel because that's what he wanted on his build. When he posts the 1/4-1/2 moa groups then maybe he will urinate on yours. It sounds like you need another cup of coffee. You sound like the guy at the local gun shop "that guy knows it all and that everyone avoids because he talks down to people instead of too them", then he makes it sound like he's doing you favor when you really need help. You're the same guy that tells your buddy his nice new truck looks bad because it's red and he should've got the white one.

We were the first people in the US to flute barrels. We made serious BR barrels and shot competition every week and won. We did this to make weight on varmint wgt guns so we could make sporter weight requirments. We soon found that when air gauged the bubble moved up every time the head crossed a flute. This means the bore opens up, to the novice this means nothing but to those know better about bore size to bullet diameter and accuracy it means everything......we stopped fluting years ago and it invalidated our barrel guarantee.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.