Just got an email from Leupold

royinidaho

They are announcing mid and long range tactical scopes.

Four really good features.

1) They're not afraid to color their scopes different i.e. Tannish/ODish
2) Mil-dot front focal plane models (Appears to be hash marks instead of dots
3) Half mil hash marks
4) Parallax setting appears to be accurate on the knob. They claim no need to look through the scope to adjust it correctly. Now that's a feature!

Now they just need to add mil adjustments in those scopes /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

Roy,

I got the same e-mail.
I just sent a scope back to Leupold last week to have M1 dials added. I should have back next week and will put it on my M700LSS 338 RUM. Should be fun!

JD338

JD338,

I should have my 338 RUM (factory barrel) back from being fitted this week.

I'll put the Weaver Tactical 4.5X14 on it. I plan on determining the maximum distance that the rifle/cartridge and me are good for and sight in @ -5 mils at that point then shoot at different distances to determine the hold under points. Never done that before but gonna give it a try. Then I'll graduate to come-ups and stuff later.

What's my farthest elk kill distance going to be pushing 250 gr bullet? I'm figuring something on the order of 900yds if I can get her shootin'

This setup will leave me one scope short. I'll need one to go on the 270AM. What's the price tag on those new Leuies?

Roy,

Don't do like buffalobob did and order your scope off of some website. Give Lerch or I a call and we'll fix you up!!

BJ,

OK

How wouldja trade for an RSI /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

338 RUM bbl'd action should be back this week. So should be doing final stock fitting and gluin' strain gages by first of the week.

Hopefully it will have a useful/new model designation, with year included in the model.
They've been beyond rediculous for the past 10yrs. I can never figure out whats what.
My solution - > NXS

Roy,

Sounds like you are going to have a long range hammer.
I recently bought a Mark4 4.5-14xPR (thanks BJ) /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.giffor my 280AI. Awesome scope. I am going to get a second one (from BJ) for my 338 RUM but just spent more money than I should have with my friend in OK. I am having M1 dials added to a VXIII 2.5-8x to get me going for now.
Have you considered the Nosler 225 gr AB for your 338 RUM?
This would be a great Elk bullet. I shot and recovered a few
from gallon milk jugs filled with water.

338RUM225grAB1.jpg

338RUM225grAB2.jpg

Regards,

JD338

Warning! This thread is more than 18 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.