Jump for 200gr Accubonds

Young_Sniper

I am loading 200 gr accubonds in my 300 wim mag and I was wondering how much jump to the lands these bullets like?

I try to get them as close to the lands as the magazine will allow. In some rifles you can get away with loading them at the lands and still use them as a repeater.

I would start .010"-.015" off the lands. Find your powder charge that shoots well, then fine tune in .005" increments to tighten up the groups even more.

9 of 10 times, in my rifles, they shoot the best at the lands or .010-.015" off.

I try to get them as close to the lands as the magazine will allow. In some rifles you can get away with loading them at the lands and still use them as a repeater.

I would start .010"-.015" off the lands. Find your powder charge that shoots well, then fine tune in .005" increments to tighten up the groups even more.

9 of 10 times, in my rifles, they shoot the best at the lands or .010-.015" off.

+1
Your rifle will ultimately determine the distance it likes.

J E CUSTOM

Warning! This thread is more than 15 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.