Jp sauer 6.5 prc

Can't speak to this exact model, but I got a Sauer when I was 13 years old and I am now 46. I've got 2 dozen rifles in the safe, but to this day if I could only have one rifle my Sauer would be it! Absolutely fabulous handling, craftsmanship, and mine shoots 3/4" groups or better every year. (With a 9 power scope) Mine is a 270 win. I take it to the range every year before hunting season, shoot three shots at 100 and one at 200 always hits where it is supposed to and again 3/4 MOA or better. Then I shoot a few animals with it throughout the hunting season, clean the barrel well after the season and put it back in the safe. For 33 years it has never failed me and I will always praise its feel and performance! Not to mention - it is a beautiful gun.

I've had experience with multiple Sauer 100 Atacama's. Same gun, just factory cerakote and threaded barrel. Phenomenal guns for the money. Very comparable to tikka but IMO better trigger and better stock. The stock design for spotting your impacts is second to none in its class. I don't think you'll be disappointed. Very underrated gun

Can't speak to this exact model, but I got a Sauer when I was 13 years old and I am now 46. I've got 2 dozen rifles in the safe, but to this day if I could only have one rifle my Sauer would be it! Absolutely fabulous handling, craftsmanship, and mine shoots 3/4" groups or better every year. (With a 9 power scope) Mine is a 270 win. I take it to the range every year before hunting season, shoot three shots at 100 and one at 200 always hits where it is supposed to and again 3/4 MOA or better. Then I shoot a few animals with it throughout the hunting season, clean the barrel well after the season and put it back in the safe. For 33 years it has never failed me and I will always praise its feel and performance! Not to mention - it is a beautiful gun.
Colt teamed up with JP Sauer in 70s to sell a Colt/Sauer rifle that was superb ! Friend blew his up by loading his either 7 mag or 300 mag can't remember which now. Using 2400 pistol powder reloading it. Blow up with teenage daughter caused the distraction when loading 44 mag rounds. He switched to the rifle loads but not powder. luckily he had no injuries.

I checked out one of the Sauers in a PRC when they first came out and I loved how smooth the action was. Was tempted at the time but couldn't find ammo anywhere so passed. Definitely seem like awesome quality. Always wondered how well they shoot.

My dad has one in 6.5 PRC. It shot well under half moa with load development, far better than any Christensen I have dealt with and half the price.

I have one list for sale in classifieds.

I went through 4 PRC rifles. Handling, shooting, etc.

Tikka - it's a Tikka and shot like a Tikka. The magazine was a deal killer for a hunting rifle

Christensen- An OK rifle, but nothing overwhelming.

Browning- Lightest, shot well, long barrel and seemed barrel heavy. Trigger was good

Sauer - Shot as good, if not better than the others. Liked the balance and palm swell of the stock. Nice magazine. Great trigger.

Overall - didn't keep any of them. My 6.5 Swede fills my 6.5 niche. My 270 fills the other voids

Last edited:
I have one list for sale in classifieds.

I went through 4 PRC rifles. Handling, shooting, etc.

Tikka - it's a Tikka and shot like a Tikka. The magazine was a deal killer for a hunting rifle

Christensen- An OK rifle, but nothing overwhelming.

Browning- Lightest, shot well, long barrel and seemed barrel heavy. Trigger was good

Sauer - Shot as good, if not better than the others. Liked the balance and palm swell of the stock. Nice magazine. Great trigger.

Overall - didn't keep any of them. My 6.5 Swede fills my 6.5 niche. My 270 fills the other voids
Orchemo, does the Sauer Atacama have a 24 inch barrel? I tried to reply to you in the gun classified section but , it said, " You have insufficient privileges to reply here." I'm not sure why. Anyhow I might be interested.